Pretty sure teller doesnt like me??

halfnhalf

Feb 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping 1000.00 of halves today and I could tell this teller wasnt happy with my hobby.After the wait for the total she looked at me and asked if I was marking all of those coins??I told her i have never marked a coin and she proceeded to tell me that I was defacing US currency and there are stiff laws for this.I told her again that I didnt mark any of the coins nicely but this lady was flat out rude!!Then she asked if there was anything else she could do for me???I said there sure was"get a better attitude".What a party poop!

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Never rise to the bait. If anyone were to ask me if I was the one marking coins, I would point out how there are several different marks on the coins.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why you gotta mark with a few different marks. I have three marks I like to use. A line on the edge, a line behind kennedy's head, or sometimes I just write "lombardo" on the coins. please don't steal my marks people. I was kind enough to share what they are. lol.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find those lombardo marks often, prolly the other ones if I knew more clearly what you were describing. Are you the guy who does the thick black sharpie on the right of kennedy?

And screw that teller anyways, it is not illegal to mark coins. only if you are defacing them for fraudulent purposes.(from what ive read)

HH

Last edited:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping 1000.00 of halves today and I could tell this teller wasnt happy with my hobby.After the wait for the total she looked at me and asked if I was marking all of those coins??I told her i have never marked a coin and she proceeded to tell me that I was defacing US currency and there are stiff laws for this.I told her again that I didnt mark any of the coins nicely but this lady was flat out rude!!Then she asked if there was anything else she could do for me???I said there sure was"get a better attitude".What a party poop!

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure there are over 100 tellers that don't like me. The only way to respond is with a ridiculous amount of kindness. I think most tellers we encounter look at us as an annoyance, but they are good at customer service so we never see their true emotions. The tellers that let their anger show just aren't very good at their jobs. I usually respond with massive half dumps to the particularly nasty ones.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to roll all of my halves, and when I do, I always put clean coins on the ends of the rolls; I don't need to be harassed about what I do or don't do.

EDIT: I don't mark the any of the coins, unless they have already been marked by someone else; I also don't approve of it.

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to jump in - not my normal area for browsing, but I like to learn what I can about other hobbies etc!

I am assuming coin roll hunting is looking for silver / rare coins amongst the masses?

what's the reason for making coins etc?

I assume you return all the coins that are "normal" hence the tellers annoyance/

sorry - dumb questions from a Brit!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to jump in - not my normal area for browsing, but I like to learn what I can about other hobbies etc!

I am assuming coin roll hunting is looking for silver / rare coins amongst the masses?

I assume you return all the coins that are "normal" hence the tellers annoyance/

Yes that is what we do.

The reason for marking is so that you can track how fast/if the coins return to you. However, it is pretty pointless because of other hunters.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks!!

wow - did not think you'd EVER see the same coin twice!!

I had a dollar bill once with a treasury stamp that you could track the dollar bill "life" online, and some went global!

I assume the "rare" coins are just put into rolls by machines so go unnoticed by the banks?

thanks again and good hunting!!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks!!

I had a dollar bill once with a treasury stamp that you could track the dollar bill "life" online, and some went global!

I assume the "rare" coins are just put into rolls by machines so go unnoticed by the banks?

Oh ya you see the same coins often- I have only marked 2 boxes- with In 3 weeks time I saw a bunch of my coins, and cintinue to see those coins on a regular basis

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks!!

It'll take roughly 3 weeks for me to see the same coin twice.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other

BVI. You had the old silver in the coral right? How'd that end up?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks!!

The problem is that the new stock of coins gets wrapped, and will go out first to banks where you will pick up your coins.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BVI. You had the old silver in the coral right? How'd that end up?

going well - very well!

added more to the collection and still looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread