Copper Penny Sorting

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All, Wicka Here :hello:
Another lovely question for you all... Anyone ever sell Copper Pennies on Ebay, Craigslists, LCS's? (Im looking for advice on how to.)
Also..
Is it possible to make serious money doing this? I'm not looking to do this as a... Full time job, but as a kind of serious money maker.. Enough to get a good handful of silver coins per week or bi-weekly. So I can cheaply attain silver!
I plan on selling Copper pennies for .013-.014 cents each. I figured every 8334 copper pennies sold, I'd make 100$. Has anyone done serious volume and sorted and sold? I have hand sorted 8 lbs of copper pennies (unsure on exact amount..) And I'd like to start selling and if I can sell for my desired price (I think it's on the lower side of prices?) I'd like to actually go large scale on this. My favorite coin is the penny, so being able to make money on it would be great!
Im looking for all the comments, opinions, advice, any information I could get would be VERY much appreciated!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!
Wicka :notworthy:

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put ad's out, if people bite - get to sorting!! This way you will see if there is a demand in your area.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Put ad's out, if people bite - get to sorting!! This way you will see if there is a demand in your area.
I have an ad on craigslist but no bites yet. Hoping to sell on eBay as there is a market for them.
Thanks for the reply!
Wicka

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an ad on craigslist but no bites yet. Hoping to sell on eBay as there is a market for them.
Thanks for the reply!
Wicka

I sell them on eBay and usually net about $4-$5 per $15 sold after fees, cost of goods, and supplies...I'm happy to give you details of how I put everything together if you want...PM me!

HH

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the way coin town does it i think it would be more profitable if you posted multiple listings at once to save on the gas to the post office..

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With the way coin town does it i think it would be more profitable if you posted multiple listings at once to save on the gas to the post office..

USPS does free pickups...just pay for the flat rate boxes the day before and schedule a pickup the next day...problem solved:-)

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa how have I not known about this? How do you schedule the free pick up?

Through USPS.com. You can only schedule it for the next day (same day is not available) but it works great if you have auctions end on a Sunday. Print your labels, get everything packaged up and ready to go, and your post man will pick everything up during your normal mail delivery! Works like a charm...

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Cointown. Are you making a thread with all your secrets? Or going to Pm me?
Hope last night wasn't to rough for ya!
Wicka

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Cointown. Are you making a thread with all your secrets? Or going to Pm me?
Hope last night wasn't to rough for ya!
Wicka

Hey Wicka...I had a few other people PM me about this so I will just make a thread...I'm on the golf course now so it may not be this morning:-)

CRHlover

Jul 29, 2013
Hey Wicka...I had a few other people PM me about this so I will just make a thread...I'm on the golf course now so it may not be this morning:-)

Sweet a thread would be nice. I'm interested about this too. Thanks Coin Town!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread