Roll of solid Rosies

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a CWR roll once it was dark green it had 4 silvers in it.Saw the same kind of wrapper today as the lady ahead of me at the bank bought some dimes for her business. I asked for dimes and i got MRW the teller was all out and had to get for the next teller.
The lady was out the door before I could ask to trade glad I didnt found 2 silvers in 100.00 worth.

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife use to work at a local store part time several years ago. She came home with two solid rolls one day. She said the other workers got a roll each as well. So there was at least 4-5 rolls of solid silver dimes the store had got from the bank.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found a CWR roll with 18 or 19 rosies in it... theres pics of it up here somewhere...Sure was an awesome sight when I popped them into my hand.

HH

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres that post I mentioned

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/339788-500-cwr-finds-today.html

rosie.png

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the early 1970's, I worked at the local McDonalds. Working as the cashier one Sunday morning, I was opening rolls for my till and came across a solid roll of silver dimes. Had to use the office phone to call my parents to bring me $5 so I could buy them. (No cell phones back then.) Still have them. But recently, the most found in one roll has been 39.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked these up a few years ago. I asked a teller about a dime in her tray with the "white" edge. She said she had a whole roll of them and then gave me these. they were even labeled for easy identification.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 121

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
After 5 years and close to $200,000 in dimes searched, no solid rolls for me. Twenty-seven in one roll is my best.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I was dumping at one bank a town away and then picking up from a different bank near it on Saturdays for about a year. They never had any halves, just dimes and nickels. I got around 300 worth one day and when I dumped a dark green wrapper into my hand while driving all I saw was silver. I checked the next one and same thing and then one more, ended up with 147 or 146 from 3 rolls. The next week I went back to the same teller and got another dark green wrapper and got another roll with 47 or 48 in it. None of them were "solid" but they were my best 4 CWR of dimes ever, all FDR's no Mercs. I posted it when it happened, I'll look it up later for the link.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/334710-real-close-solid-roll-times-3-a.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...5-un-flipping-return-tripping-believable.html

There are the links with pics to my four rolls of dimes. I still get excited any time that I get a roll in those dark green wrappers and I still go to that same bank almost every Saturday but have never gotten more than a couple since.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Minky:::, numbers look good enough in my book to qualify as solids, nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions