You see a worn 90% half edge, what do you think it is.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
You see a worn 90% half edge, what do you think it is?

So you're breaking open a wrapped roll or pouring out a CWR of halves into your hand. Boom, you see a worn silver edge (or two, or more) and you can tell it's a 90% (not all the time of course, some 40% edges look like 90%s) by the look and color. Now you wonder what it might be. Typically (though not all the time given AU/BU examples or really worn 64s) a worn rim means an older coin, perhaps a Franklin or a Walking Liberty, or even older. My question is, what do you usually think, or hope, those 90%ers are, and what do they actually turn out to be? Sometimes it's fun to guess what kind of coins you end up with.

Recently all my worn 90% rims have been Franklins, when I first see them I really hope they might be Walking Liberties, as I want to collect more of that type. So far I've found two WLs, looking out for that third one somewhere. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The few walking liberties ive found had a distinct rim- I can spot them fairly easily-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortch, I havent seen a worn 90% yet..lol...But I did get lucky a few years back and got 32 90's in one box, mostly franklins....and never found another silver Half since

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread