Year 2009, pennies/nickels/dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that 2009 is four years behind us, I'm only having trouble finding P & D nickels. I get roughly 6 to 12 dimes per box, and a larger portion of the 4 varieties on pennies in each box. Refreshing some prior posts, are some of you guys still having poor luck finding some, or what? Right now I'm saving all 2009 's no matter what, considering mintages posted in the red book. These coins could possibly become semi-key dates. Saving for my 12-grandkids for when I'm gone.

Upvote 0

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are 2009's so hard to find?

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that 2009 is four years behind us, I'm only having trouble finding P & D nickels. I get roughly 6 to 12 dimes per box, and a larger portion of the 4 varieties on pennies in each box. Refreshing some prior posts, are some of you guys still having poor luck finding some, or what? Right now I'm saving all 2009 's no matter what, considering mintages posted in the red book. These coins could possibly become semi-key dates. Saving for my 12-grandkids for when I'm gone.

I am only having trouble with nickels. I see a lot of 2009 cents and dimes.

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nickels are a LOT harder to find than the dimes, but the dimes seem worth saving based on ebay prices. I'm planning to sell them in lots to subsidize my bankroll. I save the pennies too, if they are in great shape, but I'm not exactly sure why. Just because I like them I guess.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
The nickels are a LOT harder to find than the dimes, but the dimes seem worth saving based on ebay prices. I'm planning to sell them in lots to subsidize my bankroll. I save the pennies too, if they are in great shape, but I'm not exactly sure why. Just because I like them I guess.

I save the pennies too...
Something tells me in 100 years they'll be worth atleast double ;-)

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are 2009's so hard to find?

because in 2009 the economy was so bad that people were cashing in their change and putting more change back into circulation so the government did not need to mint as many coins in 2009.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions