Awesome coin machine error- Almost...

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Had something funny happen last week.
Went to cash in about $50.00 in cents at local CU with a cummins machine. Started the machine and poured a half a sack into the hopper. In just a couple seconds the total was showing $1000 $4000 $9,000 -STOP.

All-stop. Machine broke and errored the counter. Had to call attendant and pick all the coins out of the hopper and spinner. (oh-and got the trash bin- had a fake diamond erring, several euros and phennings, Canadian nickles and a couple Bramuda, Bahamas, and other South American coppers. Along with 3-4 bucks in bent and gum covered clad. Not a silver in the bunch...) - then they shut the machine down- couldn't get it started back up.

Found out Friday that the machine had a major malfunction and was counting every individual cent as $622.22.
If I'd got the whole $50.00 bag in there they would have owed me $3,110,000 at the counter!!!

I'm guessing the teller would have noticed there was something up....
PEACE

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern version of monopoly. Bank error in your favor, collect $3,000,000.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
I just posted this in another thread, but my dump bank's machine counted pennies as dollars and halves. I told them, they said there was nothing they could do - the machine was correct, so my account was credited an extra $163.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted this in another thread, but my dump bank's machine counted pennies as dollars and halves. I told them, they said there was nothing they could do - the machine was correct, so my account was credited an extra $163.

I would like $10 in pennies please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread