Not a dream vacation but a good vacation

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A six day vacation to the beach (Pensacola, Fl) yielded a total of 27 silver halves and a 1977 proof Ike (shown earlier). Final silver totals were 1-90% and 26-40% (including the earlier report of 1-90% and 13-40% near my inlaws home):

Halves: 1-1964, 2-1966, 12-1967, 9-1968, 3-1969
Ike's: 1-1977 proof
View attachment 844267
I hit 12 banks near the inlaws 1964 and 13-40%, 6 banks on the way to Pensacola 4-40% at the last bank, 20 banks in Pensacola 8-40% at the second to last bank, and two more on the way home 1-40%.

I also did some metal detecting on the beach, but only found trash. It was so hard to dig in the sand for bottle tops and beer cans when I could drive around town and find silver in teller trays. I guess the first time I find a gold ring or Spanish real, I'll think differently. For now metal detecting is my secondary hobby to CRH. If I had found 27 silver half dollars in the sand, it would almost be a banner find. As it is coming from CRH, it's just a good haul.

Thanks to Twitch for inspiring me to incorporate my hobby into the family vacation.

Attachments

• image-1428914842.jpg
    image-1428914842.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wrong on vaca when finding AG
Nice job

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

A

Ag_Forager

Great finds Zero. Were these all teller tray scores, CWR, MWR?

I was in Salt Lake City couple weeks ago. I hit up six banks and picked up ~$20 in clad teller tray halves. Wish I had your luck while on vacation!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was in Salt Lake City couple weeks ago. I hit up six banks and picked up ~$20 in clad teller tray halves. Wish I had your luck while on vacation!

About half of the finds came from trays and the other half CWR's. I did run across a few dumps but decided not to buy them all but instead opted to buy a $100 or $200 to see (all were skunks as expected). I know that I could be missing the few misc. rolls in the dump but I'm okay with that strategy for now since it keeps my bank roll liquid . I didn't run into any boxes or MWR's.

A

Ag_Forager

About half of the finds came from trays and the other half CWR's. I did run across a few dumps but decided not to buy them all but instead opted to buy a $100 or $200 to see (all were skunks as expected). I know that I could be missing the few misc. rolls in the dump but I'm okay with that strategy for now since it keeps my bank roll liquid . I didn't run into any boxes or MWR's.

Gotcha. I've yet to encounter any CWR-- all MWR in my area. Seems like CWR is where it's at.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phelpers- Salt Lake City is my hunting grounds and ya CRWs here are hard to come by- at least halves-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread