Long line at the dump bank

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The other day, I went to a bank I don't typically go to (I'll call it Goliath National Bank). When I walked in, there was the usual setup. Three tellers with one working on something without a customer and two directly serving customers. There were about a dozen people in line, which was not a good sign for a bank this size.

I quickly realized the lunch hour rush was being exacerbated by one customer that wanted to deposit some checks (from other banks) and make a payment the same day using those funds. I'm no expert on bank's rules about how long it takes for checks to clear, but apparently it was going to be at least a day and this wasn't good enough. When the manager got involved, anything they would say was responded to with "That's not good enough, I need to make this happen. I don't have tiem to come back tomorrow".

He used every trick in the book including "I used to work at Goliath National Bank, I know you can do this". Anyway, after almost 20 minutes, he finally relented. All the customers in front of me were helped by the other teller and I went to the women dealing with the difficult customer.

I walked up and said, "I hate to say this, but I think you might likem e even less than the last guy. I've got a TON of half dollars to deposit and they are kind of heavy." She said she'd never handled half dollars before (she was in training) and that she'd need some help. I said "Don't worry, I used to work at Goliath National Bank, I know you can do this". That got a good laugh out of her. She was super nice. Hopefully the rest of her day got better after I left.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread