SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to CRH so whats DUMPING???

I apologize for the "newbie" question but I hear all this "dumping" and I don't exactly understand what that means... I am assuming you are returning the halves (or whatever coins that you CRH) to the bank or what is that?

I'm thinking about going to the bank and getting my first box of some coins to look through... Is quarters a good idea or sticking to halves?

I just picked up metal detecting and this is another way to get to the treasure :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did my first CRH as you all may have caught in my last reply.. I only can afford to "play" with $100 right now as I am a poor college student :laughing7: but at any rate my first ten quarter rolls left me skunked... I kind of expected that obviously but it was fun searching for that shiny silver... Maybe I should do dimes with my $100 limit?

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did my first CRH as you all may have caught in my last reply.. I only can afford to "play" with $100 right now as I am a poor college student :laughing7: but at any rate my first ten quarter rolls left me skunked... I kind of expected that obviously but it was fun searching for that shiny silver... Maybe I should do dimes with my $100 limit?

Silverlust, dimes are a great idea for you to search with $100. Tellers keep them in $100 trays, so it's a pretty easy transaction. Also, with practice, you can dump a cwr out in a line in your hand, edge check, and slide them right back into the same wrapper. Then, mark your rolls, take them back to the same bank, or a different bank, and trade them for another hundred in dimes. If you are polite, explain to the tellers that you are a collector, they will often be very helpful. Marking your rolls is important so you don't get them back. I've done this so often that my tellers know my mark and only give me rolls without my mark. If you get mwr you will need to get some wrappers which the nice tellers are usually happy to give you. It's also rewarding to buy loose or cwr of halves, but the tellers don't want them back so you need to get rid of them at a different bank. While on my way to metal detect yesterday, my partner was amazed when I stopped at a TD to ask for halves and came out with three. One clad, one1964 and a 1961 Franklin. It's out there. Go get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread