Setting records?

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sittin on the beach and just got a phone call from my buddy who I introduced to crh last week. He's already found some silver prior to today. But he calls me just now freakin out. He bought $900 in customer wrapped halves and just finished. He came out with over 350 pieces of silver!! Most are franklins with 20 liberties and a few Kennedy's. you might not believe me but he's no reason to lie. He has a lot of money already an is doing this just for the heck of it to out do me. Id say he accomplished that. I ain't found squat compared to that. He's hunting in the southeast. Makes me want to leave the beach and head for the banks!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thats why I keep my mouth shut and dont tell anyone about crhing- depletes the remaining AG out there and takes it from my stacks

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thats why I keep my mouth shut and dont tell anyone about crhing- depletes the remaining AG out there and takes it from my stacks

I agree with this.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paranoia strikes deep

into your life it will creep

starts when your always afraid

Step outta line, the man come, and take AG away.

get over it, this is no secret!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get over it, this is no secret!

Hint: there's a difference between learning it on your own and researching it, and having someone tell you about it. One is less likely to result in competition. This is a hobby based on the pool of coins. The more people that go swimming...

That's why I don't mind if there are new CRH'ers all that much, but am bothered by the stupid radio/internet ads. Broadcasting that knowledge won't do anyone any good.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't stand it so just hit about 10 beach banks ended up with 21 silvers. One full roll was silver. I was pumped. Couple hundred in dimes yielded nothing. Met a bunch of nice tellers and one nasty one.

Attachments

• image-16059909.jpg
    image-16059909.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 123

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your buddy could be yanking your chain (not lying for lying's sake, just playing with you). If he's telling the truth, that's a pretty epic find. Was in the southeast myself this Spring; too bad I didn't CRH down there.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't stand it so just hit about 10 beach banks ended up with 21 silvers. One full roll was silver. I was pumped. Couple hundred in dimes yielded nothing. Met a bunch of nice tellers and one nasty one.

Nice- those look to be all 40% s is that correct

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea 40%

My buddy has over 650 franklins and then he has more Kennedy's and liberties. He KILLED IT today.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's his haul today

Attachments

• image-3861978758.jpg
    image-3861978758.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 179

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap thats a lot of bens!!! Wowsssssss

Im happy I just filled up another roll of bens today... lol, cant imagine 32 rolls of them!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had friends in confidence tell me of even larger finds than that. So I believe your friend. I have found 2 dream boxes in 2012 so it is out there I will not share the info. from my friends.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got to love the nasty tellers. Smile and say thank you.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit more banks today since its raining at the beach and scored a silver Rosie and my first 90%er.

The lady I got the dime from also sold me some halves and she exclaimed that I would not be finding any silver as she takes it. I said ok give them to me anyway. The halves weren't silver but the dime she sold me was. I just smiled listenin to her. Haha

The lady that sold me the 90%er stared at it a while and looked at me. I thought I was about to run into the teller tellin me I couldn't have it. I was prepared to say something as it was obvious silver and I wanted it. Pretty good day.

My buddy sold all them halves from the pic. Made around $8000. I guess he's hooked now and I have a best friend to compete with. Lesson learned. It's still a killer day he had and it had to be shared. It's funny how a guy on here finds a Franklin or two and he gets congrats but a random guy finds over 600 franklins, liberties, and Kennedy's and it ain't newsworthy. I'm as jealous as the next guy but the boy did good!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It's funny how a guy on here finds a Franklin or two and he gets congrats but a random guy finds over 600 franklins, liberties, and Kennedy's and it ain't newsworthy.

Congrats to him! I think it's because he's not a member of Tnet, so people know him less then the members here.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It went from "over 350 pieces of silver", to "my buddy has over 650 franklins and then he has more Kennedy's and liberties", then to "buddy sold all them halves from the pic. Made around $8000" (lets assume he sold them for 8 dollars each, that would mean 1000 halves were sold), lastly it ends with "It's funny how a guy on here finds a Franklin or two and he gets congrats but a random guy finds over 600 franklins, liberties, and Kennedy's and it ain't newsworthy".

How big a fish was it again?!? ???

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see the pic....
I didnt count them. It was at least 1000 halves he found and sold. 600 or so being franklins.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made posts as he called and updated me. Exact count don't really matter. Point is he found it at one bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread