Pennies Pennies??? PENNIES!!!!!!

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay so it's not 'quite' CRH'ing but you may enjoy the tale.

The wife's daughter-in-law's step-mother's mother (with me so far?) died recently, and the step-mother's brother (watch this very carefully) is a bit of a cad. Reportedly he decided the last will and testament thing be darned, HE was going to grab everything he could. Seems among other things there is a safe involved along with the usual household stuff.

Fast forward a bit and the family members are not standing for his fast-fingered/winner-takes-all approach and grabbed things for inventorying and safekeeping before they could all disappear.

The safe (according to the cad) only held "a bag of pennies." How he knew this who knows. Or perhaps he was hoping to steer attention away from it. Any way the daughter-in-law can't finagle the dial so her husband (my wife's son) did the deed. Apparently they had the combination from somewhere/somehow.

The door opens, and the pennies......

(drum roll please)

Turn out to be a pile of SILVER DOLLARS that literally spill out of the now-open safe.

Along with some jewelry the initial appraisal is for around $10K.

Just remember guys, it's still out there. Though I'd personally like to get a gander at those 'pennies.'

Rascal

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone probably busted into the safe before, and went through each cent and found a 1943 Copper and a 1944 steel cent, they felt bad so they decided to give some Ag. I would have taken the original bag of cents in this scenario (cent-ario).

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it turns out all of those pennies were indian heads and flying eagles in BU condition that he took to the bank and got exactly face value for them.

Ssirr

Apr 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20130818_223021.jpg IMG_20130818_221922.jpg

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool about the find, I hope you get a piece of that. sounds like that jerk was trying to draw attention away from the safe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread