Ordering boxes..?

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all, Wicka here,

After being rejected at multiple banks and branches. And being cut off from my one big vein of coin (a bank with a coin machine that would sell me bags) I have to "explore my options"
There's a new bank in town eager for customers. I think they will order be boxes, how much is too much to ask?
They have a few locations mixed around a few towns over.
Looking for options that won't overwhelm them but will allow me to gain a relationship and get myself boxes!
All comments/opinions are welcome
Wicka

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta feel them out, there is no set number. Some banks will scoff at 2 boxes of halves while others wont blink an eye at 6 boxes and 4 boxes of dimes. Just be honest with the manager and/or head teller, say you are a coin collector that would like to order X boxes per week and see if they are ok with that. I also always tell any bank I deal with "If it ever becomes too much, please tell me." I also offer to buy any and all dumps from them/any coin they want to get rid of. I have never had an account closed.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try just one box. Develope the relationship and up it to two. Get on a first name basis with the girls... Or guys... And then just ask the head teller how many they can comfortably handle...keep them happy

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
You gotta feel them out, there is no set number. Some banks will scoff at 2 boxes of halves while others wont blink an eye at 6 boxes and 4 boxes of dimes. Just be honest with the manager and/or head teller, say you are a coin collector that would like to order X boxes per week and see if they are ok with that. I also always tell any bank I deal with "If it ever becomes too much, please tell me." I also offer to buy any and all dumps from them/any coin they want to get rid of. I have never had an account closed.

6 Half boxes and 4 of dimes would be a dream. They have 4-6 locations. So if I can get three boxes of pennies and maybe 1 box of halves a week per branch I'd be set. :-)
Thanks for opinion,
Wicka

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is just no way to know this ahead of time. Every bank/branch manager is different. While 2 boxes might be the absolute max at some banks that will even order boxes, others might not balk at a 10 box order...or more.

CRH is not an illegal activity that needs to be practiced in the shadows. Honesty and straightforwardness will often get you what you want. Have a sit-down with the branch manager at the new bank. Tell him/her exactly what you want to do (dump/order 'X' boxes weekly), and what you can do for them (move/open accounts). Be polite and pleasant. Don't make promises you won't keep. From my own experience, you're more likely than not to get what you want.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I used to always start with two boxes of halves. Since I now have way more order banks than I will ever need, I usually lead off with four boxes the first time I am ordering. I never order more than four at a time because I don't like making multiple trips to the car and I don't want to use a dolly. Oddly enough, I haven't increased from two boxes at my three "every week" banks because I feel weird increasing my volume with them.

Keep in mind, all of my pickup banks are really close to either my work or home, so I don't mind picking up from multiple banks throughout the week. If I was in a smaller town and I drove a gas guzzler that would probably cause me to modify my strategy.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Walk into the bank like you own the place, look the head teller dead in the eyes and say in your most evil voice:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread