The mother of all CWR pickups

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all from one bank that stocks 'em up over weeks and weeks. all different looking wrappers and such, some older most newer. Total: $820 in quarters, $980 in dimes, $98 in nickels, and $36 in pennies. First quarter roll had a 1964!!! Those things are easier to find in the ground than they are in rolls. hope that's a sign of good things to come! will post photos of all extracted valuable coins when done, hopefully tonight. My guesses are: 1 silver quarter (hahaha), 12 Rosies, 1 merc, 2 buffs, 1 war nick, 15 wheats, and 1 Indian head (a guy can dream can't he?). who knows maybe I'll do even better I'm due for a big score. enjoy the pics
DSCF4197.JPG DSCF4198.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's more CWR than I've seen in years! Hope you find some great scores; maybe even a whole collection dump!
HH,
BRChiver

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's more CWR than I've seen in years! Hope you find some great scores; maybe even a whole collection dump!
HH,
BRChiver

I'll tell ya man, I've been looking for a collection dump in CWR for the last two years. The closest I've got was a nickel roll with 9 war nicks, and a couple solid rolls of wheats (one roll was all '42s). Those are what keep me hunting the CWRs, but I have yet for a solid dime or quarter roll, which is what I'm really looking for. I bet if I keep it up for another year or two my number will be up, I mean think about how many silver quarters are out there. All it takes is the right circumstances and bam!

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the results! Good luck!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF4199.JPG

Done with the quarters, first roll a 1964 then nothing after that. Gone through about 1/4 of the dimes, got a 1934 (mintmark too worn to tell) merc. pretty damaged but it's another one for the pile tonight! Still crankin' through these dimes then onto the nickels

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished everything but the penny's last night, and just knocked them off this evening. Not as good as I had hoped, but I found a real nice diversity of coins. 7 rosies, 2 mercs, 1 quarter, 11 wheats (oldest 1919), 1 war nick and 1 full date 1937 buff. Also a 50% 1968 canadian. I'll take it! managed to dump that nearly 2k in CWR too, had to do it between several banks. Also had 4 boxes of pennys and $130 in halves from last week to dump. did a mix of coin machines and dropping off big amounts of rolled coin. Glad to be rid of 'em! once they're searched they gotta go
2008-12-11 23.14.11.jpg
2008-12-12 20.35.00.jpg

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that roll has both a rosie and a merc in it, the merc is the one on the right

Top Member Reactions