Motherload

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess you could say that you had a decent day... or slightly better than decent.

OP
OP
H

Humboldt

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Whats the story behind them?

HH

Business deposit, wasn't even in hunting mode.
Teller said she found 2 solid rolls of Rosies and 2 solid 40% rolls, one of those old lady deposit stories.
Hoping she was holding them for me but she said she wants to hang on to them for the time being.

Part of our change order was a roll of quarters. Checked it when I got back to my store and it had 19 64's.

Went right back to the bank and asked if there were any other rolls from the woman, having assumed the teller checked everything but...I never should've assumed.

Bought 5 rolls, all 5 were solid.
219 total.

I was beside myself.

Hoping the teller will change her mind soon and want to sell the dimes and halves, but if not, I'm still way happy with this find.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen that many silver quarters! Excellent find!

OP
OP
H

Humboldt

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen that many silver quarters! Excellent find!

Thanks man, it sure made my day.
To put it into perspective for myself, I've found 1 silver quarter in the last 10 years of retail.

Search between 2 and 5 boxes of halves per week and stumbled upon more this one day (piece count and value) than in the past 18 months of halves.

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is like one of those insanely "how the hell did this happen" type stories that will never happen to me unfortunately haha :laughing7:

CONGRATULATIONS FORREALLLLL :treasurechest:

OP
OP
H

Humboldt

Oct 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is like one of those insanely "how the hell did this happen" type stories that will never happen to me unfortunately haha :laughing7:

CONGRATULATIONS FORREALLLLL :treasurechest:

Thanks.
It could happen to anyone, hopefully your day is coming soon.
This came my way a week after putting one of my best dogs down, and I must say it got me smiling again.

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks.
It could happen to anyone, hopefully your day is coming soon.
This came my way a week after putting one of my best dogs down, and I must say it got me smiling again.

Wow Humboldt, I am sorry to hear about your dog! I'm glad you cracked a smile with the shiny stuff... a doggy from doggy heaven must have really sent that your way.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I got 23 dollars worth of quarters because someone tried to get them to go through the coinstar and of course it wouldn't accept them, so I snagged them. It can happen. It's happened twice to me in less than 2 years. Just keep looking and checking your banks.

Congrats on the find. That beats mine right out of the silver mine.

Sincerely, GarouLady

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, sweet, and congrats!
You must be living right! LOL! Keep it up and HH!
(sorry bout doggie, mew mew mew)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread