Another Bad Bank Story

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Wife and I went road tripping to a bunch of small town banks Monday and ran across a bank that the teller wouldn't sell me their full bag of halves but did get 20.00 in loose halves. As the teller (rude teller) was counting out the 20.00 she says oh theres a silver one but I still got it along with 6 other 40% halves, now comes the low down dirty part. Tuesday morning I called and asked the bank manager if I could buy the full bag of 500.00 she says no problem, I ask once again it is 500.00 worth right she says yes. Well wife and I drive there and I go to get the halves and the same teller with a smirk says we had to recount them and it was only 472.50 well guess what not one keeper in there I was so mad it was a low down dirty thing, I could have just went and talked to manager instead of calling which would have probably yielded me keepers but I like to have faith in people that they can be honest plus it was a considerable distance just to try and buy something a teller told me no yesterday.
last 2 days have yielded 1 90% and 23 40% halves.
2 boxes yesterday 1st skunk 2nd 2 40%.
If you live or coin roll hunt between Madison Indiana and Rising Sun Indiana PM me and I will tell you a great place to dump all your coins :)
Best Regards, Ray

Upvote 0

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I am nice to everyone, and I don't let rude people get away with it, I'll tell the manager every time. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions