Cluster box

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Box # 27 of halves for the year did produce 8 keepers (three Franklins (52P, 62p& 63P) a 64P, 66, 67x2 and 68D); as well as a '69 British fifty pence.

What was odd was the location of the keepers.

I'm sure we all have some method for going through these 5x5x2 boxes of rolled halves. I tend to start in the lower left corner and go up the row, down the next and so on; until I've completed the fifty rolls each box contains.

These eight keepers (and the 50 pence) were all found in only five rolls; #s 14-18 from the fifty in the box. That means rolls 1-13 had zero, and rolls 19 - 50; the same thing.

Just odd, I thought, how there wasn't a more even distribution among the rolls.

At least I did get some keepers; and four were 90%ers.

Good luck all.

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go through boxes in the same manner that you do. Start in one corner and then go up and down them. Sometimes I get superstitious and think if I break the pattern the silver will stop showing up, haha.

Some boxes are loaded with silver throughout while others seem to have it one specific section.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
Some boxes are loaded with silver throughout while others seem to have it one specific section.

Maybe when the FED is loading the counting/wrapping hopper with whatever silver they get and pour in, it just stays in that general area and then gets fed into the roll. There is no need to have a mixer on that machine, they are not making a cake ;)

If 10 silver halves get poured in they will stay close to each other and end up in 2-3 rolls. Same with 100 silver halves, they will stay close to each other and end up in several rolls (hopefully those will all end up in the same box)

That might be why when I first started I got 3 - walking liberty, 3 - Benji's, 7 - 90% Kennedy's, 30 - 40% out of 3 boxes.

Remember this is just my opinion and what do I know ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread