This and that, thoughts

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Found a full steps '48-S Jefferson today that I'm pretty excited about. It's a great looking coin. Already had one for the book but I love finding these old AU/BU Jefferson's, especially the lower mintage issues. Nickels are hot right now, found 15 wars and 6 Buffalos (including 2 in the same CWR) out of the last $1,400.

The wife broke our nearly $1,500 dime skunk streak with a '63-D.

Yesterday I asked for the some halves - "You can have them but they've already been looked through" "Great, I'll take them". Teller counts out $16 in halves from her tray, I can hear a good mixture of clinks and clanks. Found two 64's, a 65, a 66, four 67's, a 68 and two '69's. I'd love to see whatever they found when they looked through them?

Walked into a bank and bought about $10 in loose halves. Chatting up with the teller and he tells me "We have this lady who keeps bringing in old coins, from the '20s and '30s...." He didn't seem that interested in the coins and said he'd give me a call next time she dropped anything off. We'll see. I think I'm like 10-15% success on leads like this.

Bag dumped today for the first time, went smooth, excited about how this opens up some options for me. I got turned out this branch a couple of weeks ago. There's a guy who has them order him $5K in halves a week and then bag dumps them back on the same branch. The last few weeks I've run into a lot of that, and a lot of orphaned boxes.... Odd.

Looking for 4 - 7 boxes of halves tomorrow. Hopefully we'll score a little silver. Last batch from these pickups were my 2 best ever boxes (6 & 8 silvers). Ironically I've only found four 90%ers from MWR and three of them were enders (two 64's and a '63), yet I've never had a 40% ender. Have also had a proof ender.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
4 enders produced 15 total silvers. Box 1 had 3 enders and 13 total silvers. One of the ender rolls had 3 silvers, another had 2. Box 2 had 1 ender and 2 total silvers. On one hand box 1 was by quite a bit the greatest box I've ever had. On the other hand between 4 enders I was hoping to up in the 25+ total silvers range for the two boxes. Have $2,200 more in halves to pick up tomorrow. I have high hopes for one of the boxes.

Also found an AU+ 1959 Rosie. It's the nicest silver dime I've ever found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions