CRH and Robberies? Help? Thanks!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So recently I've bumped up my orders, and am picking up 4 boxes at a time. Because 4 boxes is to much to carry, I use a little push cart. Anyways now my parents are worrying about me getting robbed going from picking up my coins to my car. Or going from my car into the bank to dump. My mom also fears someone may even try to follow me home for the 2 grand in coins. So, I'll be sitting down with my parents tonight to try to convince them to keep letting me hit these larger volumes. Here is my list so far, if you have ANYTHING that could possible help my case, please let me know :D haha. Thanks!

1. I will always go at different times
2. If anything looks sketchy, Ill just go back into the bank
3. I will always make a "heat run" on my way home
4. There are usually guards outside the banks (USUALLY -_-)
5. For one bank that doesn't have a guard, the head teller offers to walk with me to my car (Like that will help? haha)
6. Another person in my area, who's 20, does the same thing with 16k

Anything you can add to my list would be great. I'm a 17, almost 18 year old guy. We live in a great neighborhood, although its not the best, its far from ghetto. Any other questions feel free to ask. I also think getting into a car accident last weeks got my parents shaken up a bit. which doesnt help my case :/ thanks guys!

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I think someone your age CRHing is a great idea. Save that coin if you can. It will help you pay off that college loan in 5-6 years. I saw a lot of great suggestions up the list. It sounds like your dad is not too keen on this idea. Ask him to come along to a few banks on Saturdays. When my daughter was your age I asked her to come a few times and got turned down the same amount. At least he can help carry out for you. A little bonding might be good, you won't appreciate it now but wait a decade or so.

My advice also is just pay attention to your surroundings.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't ruin your life getting a gun where one is banned or if you don't follow the rules right. GPA won't matter if you wind up with a gun violation you didn't even know about. And you can't take it into the bank, and people will steal and kill for no reason anymore, so beware.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a strap around my mid-section containing a row of individual bags of flour wrapped in aluminum foil and syran wrap. When I get held up, I tear my shirt open and scream about blowing myself up and taking everyone with me. works every time

E-Money

Sep 25, 2013
Honestly, I would like to see some one try to out run me carrying $1000 in halves. Or perhaps try to use a firearm while running with an arm full of boxes. LoL would be very funny.

sfox54

Jan 5, 2014
erie pa
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you use banks that have video surveilance parking lots? sure to deter a wacked out crackhead or meth tweaker...lol....eh pepper spray? eh wear a karate suit with a black belt?..pretend you are blind and get a seeing eye dog/pitbull? good luck young man last thought always take a friend?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep a strap around my mid-section containing a row of individual bags of flour wrapped in aluminum foil and syran wrap. When I get held up, I tear my shirt open and scream about blowing myself up and taking everyone with me. works every time

You could also just take one of those off, say abra cadabra, throw one on the ground, and disappear into the smoke lol. HH, Maverick.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also just take one of those off, say abra cadabra, throw one on the ground, and disappear into the smoke lol. HH, Maverick.

I was thinking the same exact thing, haha.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
If someone wants to hangout around a bank to rob customers of the money they just withdrew, I would be the last person they would want to hold up. Yes, I may have $1000 in coins but that weighs a lot!! (23.3 kg if the coins are dimes, qtrs. or halves). The other customer who just cashed a payroll check, he likely has more money that weighs less than a pound. Stealing from CRHers would involved a lot of backache!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy some specialty tape, typical cardboard color to match the boxes and have $25 Pennies printed on it, before leaving the bank just wrap your coin boxes with it to hide the $500 Halves logo. Have to be a special kind of stupid to rob somebody in front of a bank, on camera, for 100 dollars in cents.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Who brought this back? I was happy where it was- buried 500 post in. I just quoted it because someone asked if I was worried about my security.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread