CRH and Robberies? Help? Thanks!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So recently I've bumped up my orders, and am picking up 4 boxes at a time. Because 4 boxes is to much to carry, I use a little push cart. Anyways now my parents are worrying about me getting robbed going from picking up my coins to my car. Or going from my car into the bank to dump. My mom also fears someone may even try to follow me home for the 2 grand in coins. So, I'll be sitting down with my parents tonight to try to convince them to keep letting me hit these larger volumes. Here is my list so far, if you have ANYTHING that could possible help my case, please let me know :D haha. Thanks!

1. I will always go at different times
2. If anything looks sketchy, Ill just go back into the bank
3. I will always make a "heat run" on my way home
4. There are usually guards outside the banks (USUALLY -_-)
5. For one bank that doesn't have a guard, the head teller offers to walk with me to my car (Like that will help? haha)
6. Another person in my area, who's 20, does the same thing with 16k

Anything you can add to my list would be great. I'm a 17, almost 18 year old guy. We live in a great neighborhood, although its not the best, its far from ghetto. Any other questions feel free to ask. I also think getting into a car accident last weeks got my parents shaken up a bit. which doesnt help my case :/ thanks guys!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
7. I'll be "working" my own hours. I CRH for a hobby but it would be nice to make a little money too. And my mom doesn't want me to get an actual job because she wants me to focus on getting into collage, even though I have a 4.18 GPA and a 25 ACT score. Anyways CRH would be a great compromise. I could make some money, and also chose my own, minimal hours so she would be satisfied.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nickle plated reason why it would be a bad idea to rob me.. That's the best protection in my opinion..

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the same position! I would never fight off a robber because of the uncertainty of them having a concealed weapon.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I dropped a $1000 of coins, scrapped my knee - - people where jumping over themselves to give me a hand, and collect the change.

People rob for Bills, not for coins.

the BEST thing you can do, is have a modest vehicle, that is kept clean, and clutter free. That is what the cops have told me when my car got broken into a few years ago. IT was a trash pit.

Nickle plated is referring to his side arm, or ammunition, not sure. More power to yah!

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
...I dropped a $1000 of coins, scrapped my knee - - people where jumping over themselves to give me a hand, and collect the change.

People rob for Bills, not for coins.

the BEST thing you can do, is have a modest vehicle, that is kept clean, and clutter free. That is what the cops have told me when my car got broken into a few years ago. IT was a trash pit.

Nickle plated is referring to his side arm, or ammunition, not sure. More power to yah!

Ya she already said I couldn't get a gun, damn. (I sarcastically asked, not going that far lol).
And were geting a new car for me to use in the next few days, Ill add it to the list! haha thanks

8. Clean new modest car :D

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I never order more than I can carry to my car at one time (4 boxes) from each branch. Some of my pickups are in bad neighborhoods, but really I'd be more worried about somebody robbing you after dumping than while you have the coin. NO ONE is going to make a quick getaway carrying $2k in halves.
For my house, I keep a loaded 12 gauge next to my bed. No safety and no lock because I live alone.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I have always advised caution and a bit of paranoia when hunting. Mix up your schedule. Different days and different times. When going home, never go directly home. Take a different route and be aware of your surroundings. People die around this country for much smaller sums of cash than what we carry. Be safe. Be Alert - Be Alive.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
7. I'll be "working" my own hours. I CRH for a hobby but it would be nice to make a little money too. And my mom doesn't want me to get an actual job because she wants me to focus on getting into collage, even though I have a 4.18 GPA and a 25 ACT score. Anyways CRH would be a great compromise. I could make some money, and also chose my own, minimal hours so she would be satisfied.

Going to have to learn to spell college correctly before they allow you to enter it, its a rule, trust me, look it up. :D

Ya she already said I couldn't get a gun, damn. (I sarcastically asked, not going that far lol).
And were geting a new car for me to use in the next few days, Ill add it to the list! haha thanks

8. Clean new modest car :D

As for the gun, you would not be able to carry it in, unless you have a Conceal Carry Permit and even after that, most states dont allow guns in banks and most banks dont want guns in banks, even when legally carried.

Not to mention you are not 21 so you cannot legally buy a pistol let alone get a CCW Permit.

Good luck, going to be tough but its a great way to build up a retirement fund aka emergency savings account.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Going to have to learn to spell college correctly before they allow you to enter it, its a rule, trust me, look it up. :D

As for the gun, you would not be able to carry it in, unless you have a Conceal Carry Permit and even after that, most states dont allow guns in banks and most banks dont want guns in banks, even when legally carried.

Not to mention you are not 21 so you cannot legally buy a pistol let alone get a CCW Permit.

Good luck, going to be tough but its a great way to build up a retirement fund aka emergency savings account.

Lol. 33 on the Math 28 on the Science and then a 21/20 on the English ACT scores. I'm working on it haha! Don't second read anything on here, I figure I'll be close enough for people to understand what I'm saying, Schoolwork is definitely different though :P

As for the gun.... sarcasm haha

:thumb_up:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
get a backpack that can carry 2 and a time, and dont order more then 2 from a branch??

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the gun is concealed, no one knows if you have it unless you are protecting your life - hence "concealed." Who cares what the bank policy (or the law) is. The only way they will find out about it is if it's needed to save your life. When that time comes, deal with the consequences. I'd rather do a short jail sentence or pay a fine than be 6 feet under.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
If the gun is concealed, no one knows if you have it unless you are protecting your life - hence "concealed." Who cares what the bank policy (or the law) is. The only way they will find out about it is if it's needed to save your life. When that time comes, deal with the consequences. I'd rather do a short jail sentence or pay a fine than be 6 feet under.

That is unless you end up printing the handle and someone notices.

I was hanging out at a buddies bait and tackle store once and a guy came in with his son. I saw the slight hint of a gun under his shirt. I made a comment to him and it turned out he was off duty PD. In a different situation someone could over react which is mighty common now days, if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
That is unless you end up printing the handle and someone notices.

I was hanging out at a buddies bait and tackle store once and a guy came in with his son. I saw the slight hint of a gun under his shirt. I made a comment to him and it turned out he was off duty PD. In a different situation someone could over react which is mighty common now days, if you know what I mean.

I'm not getting a gun. end of story lol

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually wear a military police hat and shirt. Crhin and detecting. It's a good conversation piece sometime, and maybe scares theives away!
Wicka

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread