Marked Rolls...

Aug 14, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Tecknetics delta 4000 (do not get)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mark your rolls when dumping them at a bank so that other crh's know that they have been gone thru?

I always mark mine so that I dont ever get them back again if I ever return to exchange rolls.

YES ALWAYS MARK YOUR ROLLS

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have come across some that have not been marked and you can tell they have all been gone thru already , waste of time on so many rolls...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have come across some that have not been marked and you can tell they have all been gone thru already , waste of time on so many rolls...

Keep thinking that and the one time you think its another crh dump itll be an actuall ag dump and you will pass it over- yes they suck but its not much different than getting skunked on a box- I found $350 in rolls last week and the manager told me they where another "silver searcher" dump- and by all means they looked like it as well but I found 5 40% and 1 90% '62 Ben- even if they are marked you NEVER know

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always mark my rolls - '64, Silver, 65-69, 40%, etc. Slows down the competition.

Thats not as mean as painting the rims silver but I do find that one funny

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And what exactly gives away they have been searched?

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Example was my last search of over $20 in pennies, all hand wrapped and not a sinlge coin pre 1983 in the mix & all coins facing the same way as well

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

On halves, you can tell they have been opened a few times by the way the wraps are, if they are nice and crisp like they were just wrapped they probably haven't been passed around and opened and closed, if I get some CWR's that the wraps are very worn ( like they have been opened and close a bunch of times) I take that as they have been opened and searched and then handed back in a few times. I search all CWR's when I get them, I never assume that there is nothing inside of them. HH, Maverick.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have on two occasions found silver half in a marked roll of an obvious dump. Granted both rims are dirty and/or clad likes. Guessed the searcher is looking for silver instead of listening for silver.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple guys I chatted with that mark their coins... I get them all the time. The thing is I'm also finding silver in the same bags that they shouldnt be missing. So I conclude that there is always new, old, messed up and silver coins being reintroduced into the mainstream. You have to just keep lookin thru them. As a side note... I've watched lots of guys start crh and fizzle out after a while. The kind of guy that would just glance over a roll cause its marked "searched" isnt going to make it in the long run. This is a very repetitive and in my opinion obsessive hobby. I know I'm OCD... if your not, leave the crh to the proffesionals. :-)

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope, I don't want others to know they've been searched. I want someone to buy them and find no silver

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple guys I chatted with that mark their coins... I get them all the time. The thing is I'm also finding silver in the same bags that they shouldnt be missing. So I conclude that there is always new, old, messed up and silver coins being reintroduced into the mainstream. You have to just keep lookin thru them. As a side note... I've watched lots of guys start crh and fizzle out after a while. The kind of guy that would just glance over a roll cause its marked "searched" isnt going to make it in the long run. This is a very repetitive and in my opinion obsessive hobby. I know I'm OCD... if your not, leave the crh to the proffesionals. :-)

Eureka! You figured it out. That's why I have told folks in the past to think outside the box. There are actually people out there that will stop searching a box simply because they find one marked coin in it. More silver for me!

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I put "pre-64' or 'silver' on mine too. Sometimes I'll put "no soup for you" on them.

H$H!!
TGB

(Haven't hunted in quite a while...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread