Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
APUSH: Trick Coins--Updated with Pics--see later posts

It has been quite a while since I posted on this page. I doubt if anyone remembers me--perhaps maybe one or two. School is in full force-and yes, I still hunt about 7 boxes per week. Silver has been slim, but I am still pulling a few here and there. This is my little bit of sanity I have every week after working with teenagers--I do love them--along with a Modelo Especial by the pool--and it is hot as heck here in Texas.

My main reason for this post is that every now and then someone will come across a "trick coin." I just listed a 1964 (fake) trick coin on ebay I had found CRH and the bid is to about $11.00 or so. Therefore, just remember, if you don't want to keep it, there is a market out there for our found oddities.

Happy Silver Hunting,
APUSH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been quite a while since I posted on this page. I doubt if anyone remembers me--perhaps maybe one or two. School is in full force-and yes, I still hunt about 7 boxes per week. Silver has been slim, but I am still pulling a few here and there. This is my little bit of sanity I have every week after working with teenagers--I do love them--along with a Modelo Especial by the pool--and it is hot as heck here in Texas.

My main reason for this post is that every now and then someone will come across a "trick coin." I just listed a 1964 (fake) trick coin on ebay I had found CRH and the bid is to about $11.00 or so. Therefore, just remember, if you don't want to keep it, there is a market out there for our found oddities.

Happy Silver Hunting,
APUSH

:hello: Welcome Back APUSH! As you can tell by the replies a lot of us remember you. 7 Boxes a week is a lot. I only do 4 & that's enough for me. Most of us are only pulling a few silver here & there. You're not alone in that. I take it your trick 1964 is a silver half. I haven't seen 1 of them. I have seen several clad magician coins. I'd be curious what it finally goes for. Looking forward to your future posts.

HH
Gary

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
Nice to see you are still pulling Halves. Best of luck,
Steve

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
How could we possibly forget the hottest CRH'er on the board? Ain't gonna happen.

Rascal

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding magician's coins, the make it worthwhile to rifle the roll through your hands a few times. When I first started sound testing I found 2 right off the bat and thought "whoa what have I been missing!" have yet to find any after that though

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Apush ! Nice to see you again , I just lurk a bit over here now - haven't been CRHing much - All the best to you and your's !!!

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, the GPS tracker inside of it will lead the trackers to some magician's house. hey, better a magician than a CRH'er if you ask me.

Somebody needs to plant a GPS tracker in a magicians coin and watch their dump move around. That would be the ultimate marked coin.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody needs to plant a GPS tracker in a magicians coin and watch their dump move around. That would be the ultimate marked coin.

One step ahead of you. This was where a member of T-net's miniscule stash was. I went about and replaced it with CC's and Clad, as I call it the triple c.

Zoomed-Out-DailyRouteReview.jpg

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Hey APUSH!!! Glad to see you post. I've found one clad trick coin in all my hunting.

HH

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,
Here is the 1964 "fake" Kennedy trick coin. It brought over $50.00 on ebay. I was tickled pink--to say the least. I also listed a double reverse standard half that brought a whopping $9.99--nevertheless, CRH can bring us profit in multiple ways. 2nd grandchild is on the way--a boy this time. I am buying so much John Deere stuff it is unreal (he will be a country boy)! CRH for the grandkids!

Happy Silver Hunting,
Apush

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting find Apush, nice windfall on the sale of it as well!
HH,
Bigheed

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Well done APUSH! Just goes to show that silver (while awesome) isn't the only thing that is worth $$$ in those rolls.

Congrats!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no clue what that map is supposed to represent.

GPS tracking software, the signal is sent out every 55 seconds. Each time is one of the pings on the map. The bank (point A) had a solid vault and it would not transmit a signal for a couple of days. The software made an automatic line according points on the map, then reorganized them to the likely streets nearby. Point B is the coin roll hunters house. He didn't have much of a stack, but it was enough to sell and get $50 to buy another magicians coin on ebay to start this all over again.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS tracking software, the signal is sent out every 55 seconds. Each time is one of the pings on the map. The bank (point A) had a solid vault and it would not transmit a signal for a couple of days. The software made an automatic line according points on the map, then reorganized them to the likely streets nearby. Point B is the coin roll hunters house. He didn't have much of a stack, but it was enough to sell and get $50 to buy another magicians coin on ebay to start this all over again.

Seems like it would have been more interesting if the coin actually went places like the coin roll processing plant or to a different area of the state or back to the federal reserve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread