War nickel price

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also please keep in mind that nickels in 1942 were both silver and non-silver. The silver war nickels minted in 1942(as well as 1943, 1944, and 1945) will have a large mintmark above the dome on the back of the nickel. non-silver ones won't.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id pay a little bit more than buffaloboy only because my area you can sell them for spot usually- but I wouldnt pay more than $1 a piece for them

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not buying them nor plan to, I am just saying what I would personally pay since I would much rather have 90% silver. I mean for my price, i'd buy them but really there is no market for them in my area.
Id pay a little bit more than buffaloboy only because my area you can sell them for spot usually- but I wouldnt pay more than $1 a piece for them

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't pay a premium of any kind for war nickels

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Coinhunter - it depends what you want to do with them. If you're trying to collect them, they're going for $55-56 a roll on ebay all day so use that as your baseline. If you're trying to flip them, use that number as a start and figure out how much profit you need to make it worth while. LCS sell price is above that, buy is below that, probably ~$15 a roll each way.

OP
OP
C

coinhunter2013

Aug 4, 2013
I wanted to flip them. I usually invest in 90 and 40% and eagles and maple leafs. Lowest I could get him was $48 a roll though

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
I would suggest getting you some boxes of Nickels and going through them. In most locations you will average 1 per box, not much but you can also get other goodies as well. Nickels are not for everyone but in my opinion they are the most fun to search of all denominations. I combine Nickels with Halves boxes that way I can find some Silver and have fun also.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they go for so cheap compared to how cool they are that I just hang onto all of mine. Of course if you can get them cheap and need the money why not. I still haven't finished my first roll, 1 per box is a lot of nickel boxes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread