Yeah I know this will come off as being a.......

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but do all hobby websites get these same type of questions?

Do fantasy football websites have the "so what is football" questions?
If I join the NRA website, should my first post be "so what kind of gun should I buy?"
Do cooking pages get people asking "what kind of recipes does everyone like?"

Yes we all started somewhere, but it points to how lazy our society is becoming....nobody can or even attempts to do any research/reading/heavy lifting and expects everything to just be handed to them.

Please know that this is not directed at ANYONE. This is just an observation of what I have seen on this website over the past year or so (even before I joined).

Maybe there is a way to limit what brand new members can post? Maybe as part of the sign-up process new members should be asked to read the beginners guide? Just thinking out loud here, maybe I am in the minority.

Anyways I have a big CRH road trip planned tomorrow, I hope to have some nice finds to share!

HH everyone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, give me a week and it'll be a done deal.

50 - I gotta say I'm not happy with you. You stole my idea LOL! Stealing all my material!!!

z1krazy

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Being a "noobie" I will tread lightly. Correct me if I am wrong and I apologize up front if this question has been asked before. I have read the 32,456 posts and didn't find the answer..!! Don't people join Forums of their particular interests to share and get educated about like interests of people who have knowledge of said interest..!! How can you even suggest that new members be limited to what they can and cannot ask. We can only be readers and not askers..?? Just sayin

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
50 - I gotta say I'm not happy with you. You stole my idea LOL! Stealing all my material!!!

just wait, I have a GPS tracking device in several magician's coins in your district. When you get one (and you will) I'll steal more than your material, I'll steal your (miniscule) stack of silver.

Better start scanning your boxes of coins with one of these:
gps-tracking-device-image.jpg

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a "noobie" I will tread lightly. Correct me if I am wrong and I apologize up front if this question has been asked before. I have read the 32,456 posts and didn't find the answer..!! Don't people join Forums of their particular interests to share and get educated about like interests of people who have knowledge of said interest..!! How can you even suggest that new members be limited to what they can and cannot ask. We can only be readers and not askers..?? Just sayin

You are missing the total point of this thread- asking questions is one thing- but asking what CRH is or how do you get silver from banks- or if a teller says they dont have halves what do I do? Or what is the best currency to hunt? Or what errors should I look for? Get the drift-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wait, I have a GPS tracking device in several magician's coins in your district. When you get one (and you will) I'll steal more than your material, I'll steal your (miniscule) stack of silver.

Better start scanning your boxes of coins with one of these:
gps-tracking-device-image.jpg

Ain't nothing miniscule in this house Fiddy - except my collection of rap cd's

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I just joined your NRA forum, what does NRA stand for?

Hey everyone, I just joined your Mustang forum, what's a Mustang?

Hey everyone, I just joined your CRHing forum, what's CRHing?

These are the examples.... HH,Maverick.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We all ask questions and and look for advice/opinions. It gets a little tiring, however, 3-4 times a week to have people come on here and ask "hey what is crh" or "where can I get half dollars." take 10 freaking minutes to either read a few posts, do a couple google searches, or read the beginners guide.

I stand by my idea that new posters should have limited posting capabilities. There was an analogy made on this thread about changing the channel if you don't like the material, but if you got a bunch of crappy channels on your network and you show nothing but replays, good paying subscribers are going to eventually get annoyed and find a new cable subscriber.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, and I almost forgot, Brinks is culling Silver.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but do all hobby websites get these same type of questions?

Do fantasy football websites have the "so what is football" questions?
If I join the NRA website, should my first post be "so what kind of gun should I buy?"
Do cooking pages get people asking "what kind of recipes does everyone like?"

Yes we all started somewhere, but it points to how lazy our society is becoming....nobody can or even attempts to do any research/reading/heavy lifting and expects everything to just be handed to them.

Please know that this is not directed at ANYONE. This is just an observation of what I have seen on this website over the past year or so (even before I joined).

Maybe there is a way to limit what brand new members can post? Maybe as part of the sign-up process new members should be asked to read the beginners guide? Just thinking out loud here, maybe I am in the minority.

Anyways I have a big CRH road trip planned tomorrow, I hope to have some nice finds to share!

HH everyone.

:BangHead: I agree with Baddbluff, you are coming off as a a_____e. Don't pick on the new guys, I lurked on this site for almost 1 year before I joined. During that time I read over 120 pages of posts (yes it took me that long). There are a lot more now to read if someone started to look at all the old ones. As Treasure Hunter said this is a forum for sharing of information. In the Army the saying was "The only stupid question you have is the one you don't ask". It is up to us to share what information we can to educate our fellow crhs. For me this is a hobby to enjoy. I do enjoy the thrill of the hunt. It can be frustrating but it does get a person out & meeting people. If you don't like a post, no one is forcing you to read it. Just skip it & go on to a post you find interesting & read that one. That's what I do.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I lurked on this site for almost 1 year before I joined. During that time I read over 120 pages of posts (yes it took me that long)." B I N G O

Sounds like you took much time and effort to learn about this hobby before you decided to post. I wish ALL new members would put 1% of the effort you did into learning about CRH before posting. Is that too much to ask?

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I lurked on this site for almost 1 year before I joined. During that time I read over 120 pages of posts (yes it took me that long)." B I N G O

Sounds like you took much time and effort to learn about this hobby before you decided to post. I wish ALL new members would put 1% of the effort you did into learning about CRH before posting. Is that too much to ask?

:coffee2: I had a coin collection as a kid but I stopped doing that some 50 years ago. CRH was something new to me. I guess you could say I was lucky because I just retired & I had the time to read all the posts before joining the site. They did teach me a lot & I enjoyed reading them. I also started metal detecting which is something else I was interested in doing at the same time. In todays world not many people have the time luxury to do what I did. I don't mind answering a newbies question. Enough of my soap box.

HH
Gary

Last edited:

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually find these types of threads entertaining. I mean this one, not the "what is crh" threads.
Brinks is culling silver!!!????? D@#%it! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread