Best CWR find so far

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last Thursday I stop in at bank I've never got coins from before and ask if they have any pennies and halves I could buy. The teller says she has no halves but asks if I would like $50 dollar bag of pennies that a "little old man" brought in. I say sure. I'm hopping "little old man" means a lot of wheats. I'm still working on that bag and only found 2 wheats so far. However there is a high % of copper in this bag. On Friday I decide to stop by again to see if they had any other coins from this guy and she gives me 5 rolls of nickels and 6 rolls of dimes. Not much in the nickels, but the dimes....It might not be as nice a find as some of you have had, but 15 silver dimes from 6 CWR I thought was pretty awesome.

Attachments

• DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
DUDE! Nice finds! You should be very happy haha, dimes are hard to come about now a days :P

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is more silver in 6 rolls than I found in my last 20 (yes, 20!) boxes.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a killer find. I've gone through 3-4k of CWR dimes in the last two months and have probably found like 8 silver dimes

OP
OP
K

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody. I just wish I would have thought to ask for more rolls the first time I was in there. Who knows how many more there might have been. Might have been some silver quarters to be found as well.

OP
OP
K

kawika18

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Mercs. All Rosies. There was eight 64's, four 62's, one 57 and two 52's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread