If you mark your coins, post in here

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
This is a sore subject on this board. Some very strong fellings both ways make it so. Good Luck.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen quite a few from other forum members, usually with their forum name on the coin... Have not found a DO though... although I only usually catch the marked coins if they mark the rims, I dont normally face check, but will catch them sometimes as well either dumping, or dropping into my bags.

I still wanna find out who the east coaster who puts the thick black sharpie mark on the left side of the obverse... I found a magicians coin with their mark! lol I do like seeing those specific marked coins in all honesty, it usually means silver is close! He(or she?) must dump into a hot spot...

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen quite a few from other forum members, usually with their forum name on the coin... Have not found a DO though... although I only usually catch the marked coins if they mark the rims, I dont normally face check, but will catch them sometimes as well either dumping, or dropping into my bags.

I still wanna find out who the east coaster who puts the thick black sharpie mark on the left side of the obverse... I found a magicians coin with their mark! lol I do like seeing those specific marked coins in all honesty, it usually means silver is close! He(or she?) must dump into a hot spot...

That's awesome. I'm always excited to see those marks too. If only I could find out where that dude dumps. A lot of my better boxes have had buffalo boy coins in them lately too.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could buy bags off of the coin counters I dump at, every other time I dump I see or hear silver in the bags.
I mark about 50 coins a month with "buffalo boy" on the front and the month and year on the back. This month the back says "9 13".

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could buy bags off of the coin counters I dump at, every other time I dump I see or hear silver in the bags.
I mark about 50 coins a month with "buffalo boy" on the front and the month and year on the back. This month the back says "9 13".

I had a box last night that had "Buffalo Boy" in red and blackish ink on the obverse and "5 13" on the reverse. It had a silver painted rim, and you totally fooled me with it at first. Haha. Found a 40%er in the box.

The first few months I was marking 100 or so coins, "Mastermind" on the obverse and the month and year on the reverse. I haven't marked anything in a while, April was the last month that I did that.

The mark I see the most of, I'd have to say, are silver painted rims with a thick Sharpie mark on the obverse over the "Y" in "LIBERTY".

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You should pm and tell me where you dumped the 5/13 versions. A few of my huge scores over the last few weeks have had multiples of that mark in them.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone around me paints dimes yellow, and I usually write my initials and the date on the back with a Sharpie, if anyone finds those. I find them frequently enough to think it wasn't just a crafts project.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone around me paints dimes yellow, and I usually write my initials and the date on the back with a Sharpie, if anyone finds those. I find them frequently enough to think it wasn't just a crafts project.

You mark dimes? Ive seen yellow dimes here and there as well

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't start marking them, I just find the yellow ones same as you, and put my initials on them to see if they come back. I figure if they've already been marked I can track them and see if they float around...

I wonder who took the time to paint those things yellow.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found one of mine from a few months back, a beat up proof in a dunbar box... was cool to see it

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today... TimZim? NJ to TX?
IMG_1192.JPG

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think timzim only sprsypaints or burns his but I could be wrong

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think timzim only sprsypaints or burns his but I could be wrong

Yes. He uses all the colors of the rainbow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread