It turned out to be CRHing....

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
It turned out to be CRH'ing....

A couple of days ago I bought a couple of rolls of Indian Head pennies on-line for under $30 delivered. From the pictures they looked to be in average condition, not all culls, maybe a couple but mostly in reasonable shape. So they arrived today and I let each of the kids open one and look through it. The 7 year, who is a coin hunting savant, dumps the roll out and about 3 seconds later says "Daddy, this ones an S ". I say, "no, it's not an S" thinking who the hell would put an 'S' in a random lot. He say "yes it is, it's a 1908 S!" He was right on the money. Also pulled 2 full liberty 1909 IH's. I guess technically it's a CRHing score, but not in the normal sense. If you all have thoughts as to what those coins are worth I'd appreciate it.

Pulled a '64 and 4 40%ers out of $160 in CWR. Had to eat $600 in dumps as well to get them.

Should have a handful of boxes to look through tomorrow so hopefully we'll score a little more silver for the pile.

Attachments

• DSCN0461.JPG
    DSCN0461.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow not the usual type of CRHing but nice score :thumbsup:

That '08S is a great find.....worth some pretty good money....looks in great condition too.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread