Got some silver at my drop off bank today

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my bank where I drop off all of my coin because they have a coin counter that they have yet to impose any limits on my usage of.

While handing her over my two bags of halves I look in her coin tray and for once there were actually some half dollars in there! I saw silver and swiped it... a 1969D. Took one of the halves from my bag and traded her for it.

If it wasn't for this single branch of Chase then all of Chase banks would be on my poop list.

At least some tellers / branches are nice as a whole and don't have those bad apples that muck it up for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!!

I find myself looking in those coin trays too...lol. I haven't been as lucky as you to see one in there yet though.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
Sweet!!!

I find myself looking in those coin trays too...lol. I haven't been as lucky as you to see one in there yet though.

Yeah... it's hard to resist not peeking over and taking a look. I got a silver dime from this same teller last year from her tray.

In your case, and any other female on the board for that matter, don't wear a low cut shirt while peeking over, haha, unless you are trying to get fees waived or something, haha.

dlindsay

Jan 28, 2007
Western Ky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , DFX and others
Yep find myself peeking over as well. A couple of weeks ago did this and seen she had six or eight dollars worth and a 90% sandwiched in between. I ask her if she had some halves she wanted to let go of. She said sure, while counting out she came across the 64 and even showed it to another teller. I thought now here we go, but she put it back with the rest of them for me. And even thanked me for taking them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread