Rare Find??

orange55

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching through a few penny boxes and this caught my eye... You would think being in circulation for 65 years would have an effect on this coin but I guess not...
326.JPG 327.JPG

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely a rare thing to find in circulation, but unfortunately not a rare coin overall. I see 'em go for $1 apiece in that condition at flea markets

OP
OP
O

orange55

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang... But maybe someday... Do you think coins are more rare than everybody says they are because they can't say how many are left. People flip them in ponds, take them out of circulation or they get lost. So one day will we just stop finding them?

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I search mostly cents. I have only found one in that shape out of the hundreds of dollars I have searched. It is definitely rare to find one. Happy hunting!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Rare to find indeed, but not a rare coin in general, there will always be these coins in this condition and they will always be released into circulation, so they wont be rare for a long while. Definitely a keepsake though. Welcome to Tnet BTW

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A little while back, I received 50+ rolls of wheat cents from my credit union. They were solid date rolls, and a few from the the 20's and 30's. Solid rolls of 1955's, etc, and lots of red uncirculated coins. I will eventually set those aside.

manoverboard70

Sep 15, 2013
My mother works at a convenience store and she scans the registers for me everyday. About once a year she will find a beautiful red wheat, sometimes they been cleaned sometimes they haven't. She always does good toward the end of the month when social security checks are almost spent up.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like wheats, but I don't think I've found any in the wild that are worth anything meaningful. I even found a 1909 (not a 1909s VDB), but if you look it up it's not worth much.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like wheats, but I don't think I've found any in the wild that are worth anything meaningful. I even found a 1909 (not a 1909s VDB), but if you look it up it's not worth much.

yea I've got a whole liquor bottle full of 'em and not one rare one. found a 1909 as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread