A little somethin-somethin for the tellers

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wondering what you guys do for the tellers and banks who order a lot for you, or allow you to dump crazy amounts. Personally I bring my mail pick up (8 Boxes a week) a box of donuts every other months and my main dump bank (6k in bag dumps a week) a box of donuts every month. I was trying to think of other things but came up empty handed. What do you guys do? Any tips are great! I know relationships make and break this hobby, so I want the best relationships I can get. :D

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cookies, fruit bowls and cupcakes

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I take my pick up and dump banks donuts, cupcakes, candy at Halloween and Valentine's Day, and various gifts at Christmas. Bath and Body Works has some amazing scented hand sanitizer that tellers love. Every trip is also generously sprinkled with "please" and "thank-you" too. ALWAYS let them know how much you appreciate them.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I take my pick up and dump banks donuts, cupcakes, candy at Halloween and Valentine's Day, and various gifts at Christmas. Bath and Body Works has some amazing scented hand sanitizer that tellers love. Every trip is also generously sprinkled with "please" and "thank-you" too. ALWAYS let them know how much you appreciate them.

I always let them know how much they're helping me out haha. I sort of feel like it would be awkward. When I walked in and said, hey I brought you all donuts because you order me coin all the time and are so friendly. Then they all look at me and say.... Its our job.... (With that look on their face like they don't have a choice). How do you get past that? haha. Any my dump bank has 23 people who work in it... How do you accommodate that many people?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.5 boxes of doughnuts per month. You big spender, you! :)

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give the head teller a box of doughnuts about every other month.I let her choose they are about 15 or so in the bank and about 6 tellers.I dont buy or dump crazy amounts but do use the coinstar every couple of days.Think ill go with the scented hand sanitizer this Christmas.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
1.5 boxes of doughnuts per month. You big spender, you! :)

It's 2! and that 20 bucks a month haha, not much if I find some, but after my fees (60-90 bucks), if I've had a bad month I dont like it :P

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take 2 main banks cupcakes, cookies, fruit bowls, cheesecake, also a mexican bakery close by that you can buy tons of stuff from for super cheap, or any personal hints i pick up on during a conversation. I do this at least 1x per bank per week, sometimes i skip a week, depends on my mood or how much silver i found. I'm not in this to get rich, and besides dealing with the petty amounts of silver found in boxes, they call me when somebody dumps a collection, which is where i make scores.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always let them know how much they're helping me out haha. I sort of feel like it would be awkward. When I walked in and said, hey I brought you all donuts because you order me coin all the time and are so friendly. Then they all look at me and say.... Its our job.... (With that look on their face like they don't have a choice). How do you get past that? haha. Any my dump bank has 23 people who work in it... How do you accommodate that many people?

It's actually NOT their job to order (unreasonable numbers of) boxes for us, contrary to popular belief. They are there to do NORMAL transactions. That's why it's important to give some love (i.e. candy, donuts, cookies, etc) on occasion to let them know you appreciate their going above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate our strange fixation with coins. Any gifts/kindness you give will be worth the investment in the long run. Just my 2 cents!

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
It's actually NOT their job to order (unreasonable numbers of) boxes for us, contrary to popular belief. They are there to do NORMAL transactions. That's why it's important to give some love (i.e. candy, donuts, cookies, etc) on occasion to let them know you appreciate their going above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate our strange fixation with coins. Any gifts/kindness you give will be worth the investment in the long run. Just my 2 cents!

I know it's not their job, I wonder if they know :p haha

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
All depends. donuts work at times, but you need to have a really good relationship with them or they will think you did something to the donuts. I wouldn't eat something someone who I barley know brought in. I rarely do repeat gifts. What I mean by "all depends" is the following: the CU I dump at alot I know the tellers pretty well, got some snacks for them in the past. I would talk to some of the tellers during their cig breaks (I don't smoke) bout coins, and it gave me first dibs on their silver. just a few days ago, I bought 5 disposable e-cigarettes for all the tellers there, they were really happy and said if they'd personally call me if they get any old coins in.

Last edited:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I brought my best pickup bank 25+ lbs of freshly caught yellowfin tuna steaks. Sometimes my hobbies help each other out.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I brought my best pickup bank 25+ lbs of freshly caught yellowfin tuna steaks. Sometimes my hobbies help each other out.

Man I love tuna steaks. .. bluefin steaks less than 12 hours old are great on the grill with a little season salt, especially with some pink in the middle still! :-D

I get my banks cookies at Christmas, Halloween candy at Halloween. Valentine's candy and donuts in the summer.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....but after my fees (60-90 bucks),............

If I was paying fees (which I never would) they would get nothing. I would still be courteous and appreciative, but I would not bring in anything.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bring cookies for my pickup banks and the more boxes I get, the more often I bring them in...

Dump banks I still have yet to give anything... lol

I think xmas atleast ill give them all somethin good.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was paying fees (which I never would) they would get nothing. I would still be courteous and appreciative, but I would not bring in anything.

I get 15k cash deposit into my account for free, any more is .30 fee to the 100 deposited. Adds up quickly

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped gifting after my till and roll finds started drying up. I found out that "Jill" started taking rolls home for her husband to look through, so did "Sue". I never mention silver, but not all tellers are clueless.

"Why is this guy rewarding us for picking up or dumping boxes of coin? He must know something we don't."

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped gifting after my till and roll finds started drying up. I found out that "Jill" started taking rolls home for her husband to look through, so did "Sue". I never mention silver, but not all tellers are clueless.

"Why is this guy rewarding us for picking up or dumping boxes of coin? He must know something we don't."

Good thinking....

Sorry it happened

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I'm going to bring my banks brownies, Vons has a special this week, 5 bucks for a nice sized tray haha :D

Tipton

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My main bank refused to order boxes of coin so I said fine close all my accounts. All of a sudden I can get boxes of halves, quarters,dimes,nickels and pennies. They even call my cell to tell me the boxes are in. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread