Took A Road Trip Today Which Yielded........

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2-90% & 34-40%. I went to some of the small towns in the surrounding area just to see how it panned out. It was a fun day though.

I spoke to a teller right at her quitting time and she has a silver dollar that she would sell to me but I don't know what to offer her. She said she thought it was a 1922. For average condition, what should I offer her? I want to offer a fair price. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right Now it has $10.76 in Silver in it.

Unless it's Sealed In plastic & Mint,

$10.00 to $15.00 Depending on How bad you want it.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot Jeff.....I do want it because I don't have one. At least this gives me an idea. Heck....I'll give her $15. It is worth it to me.

Thanks again.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
lejeuene said:
2-90% & 34-40%. I went to some of the small towns in the surrounding area just to see how it panned out. It was a fun day though.

Oh you did, good! Glad it worked out for you. ;D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver dollars usually sell for about $11-12 at our local coin club meetings. Granted, paying $15 isn't over-paying, but I wouldn't buy more than one at that price.

Great finds today!

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I bought the silver dollar....it was in fact a 1922 Peace dollar. She wanted $10. It doesn't have a mint mark. When I first looked at it I thought I had a rare coin because of the "V" in trust. I immediately thought the mink had make a mistake & misspelled trust....lol....until I got home & looked in the red book. Oh boy do I have alot to learn about coins.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
lejeuene said:
Well, I bought the silver dollar....it was in fact a 1922 Peace dollar. She wanted $10. It doesn't have a mint mark. When I first looked at it I thought I had a rare coin because of the "V" in trust. I immediately thought the mink had make a mistake & misspelled trust....lol....until I got home & looked in the red book. Oh boy do I have alot to learn about coins.

10 bucks for a silver dollar, is a good price. You did alright!!!! :)

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
did this teller have this silver dollar becasue someone cashed it in? i didn't know people were so stupid that they spend old silver dollars! nice find for $10! i too thought the in god we vust was an error! i wonder why theres a v there? ???

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinlover said:
did this teller have this silver dollar becasue someone cashed it in? i didn't know people were so stupid that they spend old silver dollars! nice find for $10! i too thought the in god we vust was an error! i wonder why theres a v there? ???

Yes, someone brought it in and she noticed the 1922 date so she bought it and took it home. While I was there buying halves she mentioned it to me and I asked her it she interested in selling it....she acted nonchalant about it and said she would bring it the next day so we agreed on a time and you know the rest of the story......It is my first silver dollar so I'm proud of it...lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions