OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang $100??? Did you say anything to the bank? Im not worried about the $3 I know ive been shorted that much multiple folds but $100?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten over $100 from coin counting machine misreads.

I was given an extra $50 on a dump once and returned the money to a very thankful teller. It was due to a little thing called honesty I learned in Boy Scouts as a kid.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I hesitated to share this story when it happened but it's inline with this thread so here I go. This is odd but I was nearly a grand favorable on a dump once. I dumped somewhere in the $400 range worth of halves in a counter at an out of town branch of my main dump bank that I only dump at once in a while. They didn't know me so they asked for my account info. When I got home there was a message on my phone from the bank that after I left they discovered a jam in the machine so they reran all the coins and figured out that I was nearly $800 short and they'd deposited that amount into my account. I called the bank back the next day to explain to them that I wasn't short $800 and after several minutes the teller finally said "look we reran the coins, there's $800 extra, it has to go somewhere, your's is the only account we have to link it to, if you don't think it's yours consider it a gift." I stopped arguing and took the money. I didn't feel great about it but I wasn't sure what else to do without risking getting the teller in trouble.

It's very common for me to be off a few dollars one way or the other but this is the only major discrepancy I've had.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
No, the counter jammed, and it would have made the teller's life miserable to run all the coins through for a recount once it was fixed. It would have wasted time for both me and the teller(and potentially money for me). Why would I want to give money back to an organization that makes billions yearly anyway. If it was my local CU, it would have been a different story, but to say the least PNC deserved it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread