Sniping taunting teller!

halfnhalf

Feb 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at a small town bank and asked the tellers if they had any half dollars I could buy,they all chime in i have 4 dollars in my tray,another one had like 2.50 and the one that was waiting on me had 12.00 in halves and i could see a real bright edge and knew I had a good one until my teller pulled them out of the tray and took out the perfect ben frank and put it back in her tray!!I said i would like to buy all of them and she said oh no,that one is mine its in my tray.#@@##$% I asked if I could buy it from you and she said no,besides she said they are bringing 20.00 on ebay.turned around and walked out..not happy!Had a little come back later in the day at another small bank and got 220.00 in cwr's and got 10 40 percenters...oh well

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man tellas are just bad!
nice finds by the way!

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Man you need to go back there and dump 1k in halves on that girl! You don't treat your customers like that!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my bank all the tellers check their trays for silver. They have learned to hunt it seems.

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds. You should probably dump some coins there, just to bug them. Just today I had a teller who said I am only allowed to get one box at a time. So I left that bank and waited a minute or two outside. I came back in and got another teller who completed my request with all my boxes.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't have completed the transaction. I woulda just let her keep them all.
If you do that you are tipping off the teller that you want silver halves. Best practice is to buy what is offered and move on. HH

coinhunter2013

Aug 4, 2013
If she's allowed to cherry pick, which I don't have a problem with, I shouldn't feel obligated to buy the remaining trash. She could take the coin in a better manner then that and nobody would have any hard feelings.

RVA Hunting

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she's allowed to cherry pick, which I don't have a problem with, I shouldn't feel obligated to buy the remaining trash. She could take the coin in a better manner then that and nobody would have any hard feelings.

I don't disagree with you at all. My opinion and my play is I will come in there to bother you enough that it drives you crazy or figure out who had no problem selling me stuff out of your tray while you are on lunch break believe me I have time to buy your trash because once I get the good stuff it was all worth it.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
If teller are allowed to Cherrypick for AG in their banks, which I know around me most banks would fire you for, Tellers should at least wait until they have no customers then move the AG off to the side. or at least don't be so high and mighty about it. I mean as CRHers we are drive around, spending gas and time looking for these moon silvered gems and they wave around their finds like manic trophy hunters.

Anyways, that's enough ranting for me. Have to head to work.
Sincerely, Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread