diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too cool.I went through my first box so far.Absolute skunk! >:(.One more to go.If it's a skunk too,i'm quitting.That'll be like six skunks in a row! ::)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
That's actually funny but you know they can look at the history on that computer and then check out this site. :-X
They don't need any more amunition against us. ;)

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...that was a great box. Wish they were all that good. Congrats. Yeah I would say you were BigTime....Ha!

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Bigtime...

Next time, we expect a covert web-cam broadcast.
Then......
Take a Floppy disk in , with a nice big JPG of your silver stash, and Photoshop "THANKS" on it.
Then set it as the Background image... That outta do it ! :D

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Pennyworth said:
That's actually funny but you know they can look at the history on that computer and then check out this site. :-X

You are right. Ill have to delete the history when I go in there with another $2000. ;) Btw..... for some reason I ended up 50 cents ahead after the change count. I didn't know they would pay me too!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
bigtime400 said:
Pennyworth said:

You are right. Ill have to delete the history when I go in there with another $2000. ;) Btw..... for some reason I ended up 50 cents ahead after the change count. I didn't know they would pay me too!

Hey that's great that you came out ahead,nice!! ;D

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Raptor686...your dating yourself...not too many of us are old enough to remember floppy disks! ;D We used to use them on the sneaker network...(walking back and forth from computer to computer with floppy disks)....I'm old.....

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
LOL true. I was speaking of 3.5" , but still your right. Now everyone knows
Im not a teeny-bopper haha. ( not too old though, 33 ;)

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Remember the 5.25 floppies? Had an 8088 that used them! You did have a choice of amber or green for the screen...Your old... but not that old! ;)

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
I remember them :) The "real" floppys LOL. Used them on Commodore 64's, in computer
programming class in high school. And old classroom Apple's. Oregon Trail... ahhh.

(I think.. its been a while lol)

Bigtime, you will have to make this a regular thing.... sending all of us a Hello from the Bank. :)
You can erase history and Cache afterward. Im still smiling from when I first read that... too
funny.

arkhunter

Jun 12, 2006
little rock,arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites-garret
twin 8" floppies rule.........some power users will want this board full of chips...to bring their ram all the way up to...64K
and you better know how to use a directory tree...as you move up to 10...and even 20meg hard drives.

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
haha...In high school we didn't have floppy drives...we had what were called RAM disk. Apple cadraw, in our drafting class. One week was dedicated to electronic drafting (no pencils). It somehow saved our drawings for the next class. I don't remember how it worked. I think they stayed powered up somehow, must have been some sort of eprom or some such. Very limited capacity, this was in 1982. It was a box about the size of a briefcase. I remember those days, sometimes..

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Well im back at the bank this morning getting my change counted and enjoying a cup of coffee. ;D Just thought I would say hi!!!! It looks like they dont save the history on this computer. I think alot of public computers are like that.

BTW how did this turn into the old ass computer stuff post?? ???

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Don't forget the Punch Cards used in the main frames. In 1970 it took hundreds of cards just to print out a crude picture and we all stood around and marveled at the high tech!!! (I'm 55)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread