Ah...regrets....

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A couple years ago I worked at a rec center, and we had a few soda and snack machines. We had to take out the change and count/roll it. At that time, there were some of us there that were finding all of our state quarters there for our collections, but we never kept any of the older coins. :'( I remember finding old dimes, nickels and quarters, but we were only interested in the new quarters. I wish I had known about silver coins back then. Hindsight sucks sometimes! :P

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn it Scotto!!!!

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
i think i'm going to spend a dateless buffalo or two in the soda machine at school tomorrow. their just sitting here in my safe and i know the feeling of finding an old coin in circulation. i want more people to feel that. thats why from now on, i will spend at least 1 older coin in vending machines at least once a month. might even spark more coin collectors or coin roll hunters!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think i'm going to spend a dateless buffalo or two in the soda machine at school tomorrow. their just sitting here in my safe and i know the feeling of finding an old coin in circulation. i want more people to feel that. thats why from now on, i will spend at least 1 older coin in vending machines at least once a month. might even spark more coin collectors or coin roll hunters!

Or buy some 'Nic-A-Date" (http://www.kaymarie.com/coincleaner.html) find out the date, and then spend it.

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
Here, you can borrow my Wayback Machine. You may need to use it to find out what a Wayback Machine is, though. LOL wayback_machine_large_small1.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinlover said:
i will spend at least 1 older coin in vending machines at least once a month. might even spark more coin collectors or coin roll hunters!
If you are going to do this it may never be caught. Those guys have long routes, they fill the machine, empty the coin box, fill the change tubes and move on to the next machine.

If I was going to do this I would spend it at a 7-11 type of store or leave it in the "need one/take one" coin dish I have seen at some of these places.

But, I am Scottish and wouldn't give up a hard earned buffalo and would probably spot that coin in the bowl and replace it with a brand new shiny "bob hope" nickle

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
well, decided not to spend it. i just can't do it! i will just keep it and give it to my kids when i get older or just give it away to a new collector. i might spend it, might not. i have like 5 dateless ones!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread