Are these the bad boxes???

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
These are the boxes I have been getting. The one on the lower left is the newest. They are brinks quarter boxes turned inside out. One of those boxes were a total skunk in this batch and for some reason Im thinking the other 3 are as well. I'm almost tempted just to take them back.There seems to be no method to the madness either. The other bank of the same branch give me the flat ones. These are all brown rolls that so many seem to like. I have had moderate luck with these boxes and had one a couple weeks ago that produced quite a bit.
The other ones are the normal flat ones with holes. I had gone through these already and 3 of those were filled with black rolled coins and one of them was LOADED with silver! The others had at least 6 silver coins with 90%. The fourth had the yellow rolls and they were all marked!!!! almost every single one of them had a red dot!!! Got skunked on that one. I am posting this because I was unclear about the boxes that everyone was getting so now you can see them. I always make them run my coin through the counter so I am pretty sure they get sent back. I also almost exclusively drop off all my coins at one bank. I talked to the teller and I think they roll their own there as well. Ohh and if you guys can I would suggest paying for stuff with halfs. I just started and 3 of the 4 times I used them there was someone there who hoarded them. One place the teller told the woman right away and she bought all the halfs I had just spent. (I had a bag in the car Perhaps I should have offered that) If we keep doing that they are going to have to dip into the reserve rather then just circulating our searched coins.

Attachments

• DSC04750.JPG
    DSC04750.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I get all yellow with holes. Get some skunks, and some Whoppers too. I like the
little holes to peek in on the way to the car. Seeing even one good one gets the blood
pumpin' :D

BTW, HOLY COW 25k ?????? Thats like 50 boxes in 6 weeks. Maybe Brinks is mad at
just you ! haha just kiddin.

I would try massive quantity myself, but Im in a really small community and Rural area. My
whole town has one bank. I cant burn my bridges at any cost... or else Ill be a sad sad
CRH'r with huge Gas money bills.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get those flat boxes with the yellow wrappers like you have shown.

Do any of your boxes have dates stamped on them? All of mine since mid-December have been date stamped Oct. 23, 2006. Some are skunks, some have a few silver in them, one had about 20 silver in it. Most are just 1 or 2 though.

Prior to December I was getting random dates stamped on them and they all had large chunks of old silver in them.

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
I had noticed that one I got skunked on was December 8th. That last batch had no markings. The more square boxes turned out to be a wash. all but one. I was buzzing through it and almost missed an 87 p. Then I found 2 90% and a 69. Thats it. All the other 3 were skunks.

Yeah... That is alot of coins. I have been off from work and trying to kill some time, and I figured a massive bulge in the half market would make them release some. I almost did burn a few bridges. One bank I had to agree to just 2000 from their main branch once a week. I thought I was toast! I was going to have to send my cousin in for me, or the wife with the baby. ;) BTW.... Thats not counting the $4000 I went though today. :o I seem to have better luck and more fun driving around and asking banks. Thats what I think I am going to do. Limit myselt to the 2 banks with $2000 and drive around occasionally to see what I can find. I think I am becoming quite notorious in my town.

Right now im down to 4 boxes a week from 3 diffrent banks. As of right now I cash them all in at 3 banks. (all the same bank diffrent branches)

BTW. Those last 4 boxes were from a branch of a bank that I drop all my coins. I was hessitant to get any from them but they were really nice about it so I figured I would try.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
It seems like most of the rolls I get have been marked, and a lot with dates of the whole roll, like all '71's.

But one roll the guy musta missed a couple, both were '67 and right together in the roll. ;D

Sorry 'bout his luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread