Favorite teller calls me: We just got $300 in big dollars in, they are old and dirty

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I hope you find some goodies. I presume you know about some of the popular Ike varieties? '72 Type 2, '71-D Friendly Eagle Variety, Type 1 Bicentennials, Peg Leg, Tiger Claw, etc.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the nickel in Ikes, they usually don't look too old and dirty. I see Ag big dollars in your future.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Given the nickel in Ikes, they usually don't look too old and dirty. I see Ag big dollars in your future.

This is what I am excited about. I can't wait to see what it is. This branch is full of young employees, they save all the "funny looking" coins for me.

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you want them?

I said, "Yes of course, please hold them for me I'll be in on Tuesday." Ill be able to swing by on Tuesday to see what I assume will be Ike's, but....who knows.....

This happened Saturday just before closing, if I wasn't out of town I'd have picked them up strait away. Ill report back when I know more.

Sounds awesome!!! Let us know!!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Good luck! My favorite teller had 125 large dollars for me last week. All were Ikes, but one was a Type 1 Bicentennial. Not in the best condition, but still fun to find!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have asked if the coins had a man or woman on them. Good luck, I hope they're all 90%. It would definitely be the most legendary CRH score.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have asked if the coins had a man or woman on them. Good luck, I hope they're all 90%. It would definitely be the most legendary CRH score.

I did, she said they are "rolled up and in the vault." I don't want to seem overly curios I guess, and cause one of them to consult the interwebs.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did, she said they are "rolled up and in the vault." I don't want to seem overly curios I guess, and cause one of them to consult the interwebs.

rolled up, seems like a good sign too! dang I was thinking this was tuesday, if I'm jumping at the bit you must be too

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been lurking all morning waiting to see if you post what the find is. Looking forward to hearing the story.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rolled up, seems like a good sign too! dang I was thinking this was tuesday, if I'm jumping at the bit you must be too

Not sure if being rolled is a good thing- and didnt she say they were old and dirty and now says they are rolled? Maybe the rolls are old looking and dirty? Im hoping for the best for ya- let us know and if Ag please show us the pics of the silver p0rn
:-)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if being rolled is a good thing- and didnt she say they were old and dirty and now says they are rolled? Maybe the rolls are old looking and dirty? Im hoping for the best for ya- let us know and if Ag please show us the pics of the silver p0rn
:-)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I have found Ike's in rolls before, and the rolls were dirty as heck. I'm assuming these are simply Ike's. You all will surely know one way or the other. Ill update this evening.

Sep 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How sweet a setup you have - tellers calling YOU to give away their silver.... Dang! Hope they're Morgans!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found Ike's in rolls before, and the rolls were dirty as heck. I'm assuming these are simply Ike's. You all will surely know one way or the other. Ill update this evening.

Namster - stop posting and go get those rolls!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread