Search Today Yielded.....

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Still beats my best box yet!! Congrats on the silver, hey CRH is fun.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Prizm but that wasn't just one box......I failed to say that I searched about $1300 worth of halves.....I went to a town about 45 minutes away and just hit all the banks I could until time ran out on me.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wow, that's a good amount of halves to pull from a bank run! Congratulations :)

I haven't done a bank run in about six months until today. I went to 20 banks in three cities and purchased $550.00 in halves. I pulled 9-40% silver halves and 1-90% silver half. Also found one of those gold comm stamped 1960-1985 halves and picked up a new George Washington dollar. It's gotten very difficult to find banks with halves in any surround cities. lol One teller today said she had $330.00 in halves and said it's probably more than you want,but please,please buy them all. LOL I said ok and that certainly brightened her day. I asked her if someone had dropped them off today and she said no they have been here for months and I have to remember to count them with my money at the end of each day. Seven of the silver halves came from the ones she sold me. :)

morris0863

Feb 11, 2007
Saginaw, MI
All of the Bank run coins seem to only come from 1 or 2 stops, but you never know which stop it will be.......

Still the antisipation is a rush. The last bank I was at today had $300 in really old wrappers which netted 0 keepers. But one other stop made up for it in a hawl. Glad were not all in same area.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Penny......I love doing spending half a day or so going from bank to bank....the only problem with that is if I get a large amount I have to pull into a shopping center or somewhere like that and go through them and then go dump them.....and go to another bank. If I get a small amount like $100 or so I just go through those in the bank parking lot. If they are machined rolled that is a way slower process for me. Luckily the only machined rolled I get is from the boxes I order so a road trip is easy and fun.

Wow...you went to 20 banks?? That is getting around. When a teller tells me that they have had rolls of halves for a while & glad to get rid of them, that gets my blood flowing real good.....lol.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I hit a bank in a small town just down the highway yesterday. I occasionally order a box from them and when I picked it up I asked for any others they had. The teller I was dealing with had 12 in her tray and I could see 3 silvers there. Then the vault teller said she had $160 worth and I said I'll take them but when she pulled them out, I could see that they were opened bank rolls with my mark on them. I know I didn't dump them at that bank so I guess another CRHer has been visiting my area or at least the fringes of it. Well, I said I think I'll pass on those rolls and just take the ones that were hand rolled which was only $20. No silver but a 2002P. Another funny thing about some of those rejects that I passed on was that they were part of a box that I had gotten from this same bank last August. It was from my best box ever( 104 silvers ) ( white rolls with dark brown printing).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread