You never get what you expect

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from a 90 minute CRH jaunt. Dumped some dimes, got a stack of $50s, planned to hit several banks on the way to my final destination: the lone branch of my main pickup bank that I had never yet visited. The plan was to get $50 in dimes at each stop along the way, plus whatever halves they'd give me, and then get a box or at least a couple $100 trays in dimes at the last stop.

The result: Had no problem getting $50 worth of dimes at every stop along the way. Never got asked once whether I had an account. Also got $50 in halves rolls and $2 loose (no silver). Then I get to my pickup branch, ask about a box or a few trays of dimes (which I've never had a problem with at the 8 other branches), and they respond as if I'm trying to rob the place. I had to *prove* that I was a customer with my account number, just to get the same $50 in dimes I had got at every other bank no-questions-asked.

I guess maybe I shouldn't have gone for the "whole box" at a branch I'd never set foot in before. But I've done that before without being looked at funny. You just never know I guess.

I did get 2 silver Roosies out of $170 searched so far, and have another $80 to look through later.

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some banks love to get rid of their CWR. I would save time and hit a big bank and buy all they have

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live very close to James, and I think I can speak for him and say that there are no CWR in our area. Anywhere. Our best bet is coin counter bags, but I've only found one bank that will allow me to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread