Where is everyone today?!? You must all be having as PEACEful a day as I am :)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, here is a quick lunch time score when I stopped off at a bank on the way back to work. The nice teller had remembered my constant inquiries for "old coins" from past visits to her branch, and finally had something nice saved up for me!

fH4dVGw.jpg

1922 P and 1922 S Peace Dollars

I love scoring silver dollars at face value! Here is to much luck to our awesome CRH community! Happy hunting!

-Wb

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweets

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you magnet check them yet? They look legit. Sweet cull

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you people do this? I have talked to all the tellers at ALL the banks in my city and they just laugh at me when I ask them to save "old coins" for me. Then they berate and belittle me by telling me that I am on the end of their list of people they care about and something about hell freezing over before I got my hands on any silver. Funny thing is, I worked at the local Wells Fargo with the exact tellers for 5 years! I thought they liked me :( Turns out they were just lying I guess....

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you people do this? I have talked to all the tellers at ALL the banks in my city and they just laugh at me when I ask them to save "old coins" for me. Then they berate and belittle me by telling me that I am on the end of their list of people they care about and something about hell freezing over before I got my hands on any silver. Funny thing is, I worked at the local Wells Fargo with the exact tellers for 5 years! I thought they liked me :( Turns out they were just lying I guess....
I hope you don't have accounts at any of those banks. If you do, you should close them and fire off an email to the regional manager telling him why.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This worked for me last time...

I have still yet to find a silver dollar of any kind at face value, not even a 40% Eisenhower! Nice score

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They clearly know about silver and are sniping - you just need to move on. I also never use the term "old coins" maybe its semantics, maybe not but I always say "large dollar coins" and "anything out of the ordinary." Usually I just get Eisenhowers and 2 dollar bills, but one day I'm gonna take home a Morgan or Silver Eagle!!!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Never say old coins lol, they're "large dollar coins"!!!

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never say old coins lol, they're "large dollar coins"!!!

Yeah I don't say "old coins", I just tell them I am looking for stuff out of the ordinary. I shouldn't say that I have never received anything from them, earlier this year I got 3 rolls of solid wheaties from Wells Fargo. Funny thing is, the same lady brought in a ton of quarter and dime rolls all containing silver and the teller wouldn't even let me look at them. She said her husband was on his way over to pick them up!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Weasel! Just slowed down enough at work to start posting again. That's an awesome score! Congrats!
HH!
BRChiver

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Weasel, super score there! I always ask for the large dollar coins when I go in in hopes of getting something cool, hasn't happened for me in over 2 yrs now, I get tons of Ikes, but nothin special, congrats on a great find! HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread