I am not the most popular guy in town.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I went to my local Century Bank. Besides the full plate of Peanut Butter cookies, 4 lovely ladies greeted me. I cashed in 10,740 halves at one time. The fifth time they had to change out the bag for an empty one the bank manager came over to the coin counter. I had to remind him that it was his generosity which originally prompted me to use his bank. He has asked me to call ahead now so he can have a male teller there to drag the bags to the back room. This sure beats having to re-roll the halves. Best of luck in your searching, Jim

Upvote 0

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon
Funny, I went to the one on Arapho yesterday, cashed in 1500 worth of halves and 1000 in dimes, did the halves first and then the dimes, well the half dollar bag wasnt attached good, so it just spit them out in the bottom of the machine and dragged the other bags down with them, so when the dime bag filled up the girl opened the door and it was a hell of a mess.

Is this the same one you use, I get the feeling the machine the miscounts??

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Wow, did you use a hand truck to bring them in?That is funny. Even if I only have $1000 in halves I break them up and return to two or three banks. Theres practicully a bank with a coin return machine every mile. Also, I do feel bad for the ladies having to lug them. Usually I return at banks where I know they are all women only when I have a few. I like it best when Im happy and the bankers are happy. Ill bet they never thought they would have to be working that stupid machine when they took the job. Its not just changing the bag. They jam and get dirty quite often as well. Their only perk is the little silver cup that gets the rejects. I know they get some good stuff in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions