Do you buy off the net? Rolls of coins shoiwng a good one on the end?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an honest person. I think most of the sellers of rolls with enders on ebay know exactly what's in the rolls. The coin couriers are not the only ones who can crimp a roll in a professional way. Just like you and the roll with the '67s, I don't think many hear could see a roll with an ender and not have to find out what else is in there.

yea I think there are others like me on ebay too, probably we're a small percentage though. I've been through enough boxes that giving up an ender roll without opening it doesn't kill me. if that's the only coin I make out, if there's more in there they make out

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It arrived today. I took no time opening it, near proof Franklin, a second Franklin with lots of detail and a near uncirculated 1968 Kennedy. Ok for me.

CRICKETS!!!!

We all want to know how much you paid for the roll (including shipping) MAN UP!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something like 40 dollars I am guessing

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Man..its really not worth it....I saw a guy selling them the other day and the "Enders" were a Barber Dime..and a Flying Eagle Cent.....Uh..That makes NO SENSE....You are only getting what you see...

anytime you see the word "UNSEARCHED"......just walk away

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I had fun. That was the whole point. I don't have the skills to tell the grades on the things. Paid $60. Was worth it to me. Also I live 25 miles from the nearest coin dealer and don't really want to waste their time looking at Franklin halves I have no intention of selling.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what was the roll like that they came in? was it old and crimped or just a normal half roll?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roll was old and crimped. Brown paper which was deteriorating.

Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two 50 cent rolls online once with silver enders. I bought them because I wanted the coin that the silver end was, and that bonus factor of possibly more was neat :) I bought them for around 32 a roll. First thing I did was weigh them..... of course to check and see if one weighed more than the other. It did. I dont remember the exact number, but one was like 345 and the other was flighering between 345.5-346. The one was weighed more had an additional 40%er in the roll. I immediately realized the people selling them would of course weigh a roll before selling! If it weighed more they would keep it.... but if they were just the ends or possibly 1-2 more (to keep people coming back) they sell it for more. Tricky!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two 50 cent rolls online once with silver enders. I bought them because I wanted the coin that the silver end was, and that bonus factor of possibly more was neat :) I bought them for around 32 a roll. First thing I did was weigh them..... of course to check and see if one weighed more than the other. It did. I dont remember the exact number, but one was like 345 and the other was flighering between 345.5-346. The one was weighed more had an additional 40%er in the roll. I immediately realized the people selling them would of course weigh a roll before selling! If it weighed more they would keep it.... but if they were just the ends or possibly 1-2 more (to keep people coming back) they sell it for more. Tricky!

In theory that works but you have to remember there is a great deal of variation in the weights of circulated coins. as a scientist I will tell you that comparing two numbers means nothing, it could have just been sheer luck it worked out the way you expected it too. do this to several more rolls of each type and see if it still holds up. of course if there were a few silver it would be a noticeable difference, but I think1 silver is within the error or mass differences caused by wear

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played this "game" some more. Bought three rolls, around $25 each. One was a bummer, a 1968 Kennedy and two uncirculated Kennedys from the 1970's. a 1971 and 1972D. To me, that is a bummer. Second roll had a 1966 Kennedy and a fairly decent Franklin. Third roll had two liberty walkings, two Franklins and a 1968 Kennedy. A couple more in the roll looked AU but I haven't taken a good look at them yet. For me it's the chase.....

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played this "game" some more. Bought three rolls, around $25 each. One was a bummer, a 1968 Kennedy and two uncirculated Kennedys from the 1970's. a 1971 and 1972D. To me, that is a bummer. Second roll had a 1966 Kennedy and a fairly decent Franklin. Third roll had two liberty walkings, two Franklins and a 1968 Kennedy. A couple more in the roll looked AU but I haven't taken a good look at them yet. For me it's the chase.....

What was showing? The 40% s or one of the 90% s? But man you killed it on that last roll

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last roll the clad kennedys were showing but all the silver was inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions