POST YOUR CRH Locations

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Ive been reading this thread for a while and seeing the silver and skunks form everyone including myself.I have done some research and made some calls to BRINKS,and have got a question to all of you guys.

Im looking for you all to post where your located,just CITY AND STATE,and if you have silver finds or SKUNKS.It will help in my research on where the silver is and put together what BRINKS said to me.
Id appreciate it alot.

Im in the state of Florida in Port Charlotte.

Once I get some feedback from you all.I can put together what the pieces of the puzzle brinks told me.
THANKS and GOOD HUNTING.....

Upvote 0

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Louisa

Dec 15, 2006
Ouchita Mountains, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Mena, Arkansas

Yup Scotto, remember a couple weeks ago I got 20 rolls of pennys and told ya they all had the same name, and you got some rolls from another bank and they had the same name written on the rolls you got also, lol.

This Friday I got 20 rolls of pennys and 5 rolls of nickels, got skunked on the pennys and got 1 1940 nickel.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I could belive. The coin counting equipment is getting better to detect the diffrence in weight. However the only problem with that one is. I am still getting holed coins. Some bigger then others.... and as far as I know they are all rolled by brinks. Clad coins still wear... that takes away weight too. so they cant be that tight. Also.... I got a 45 s from a brinks rolled box that the date was practically gone. How did that get there? I would imagine that some of them do get picked. But I would also imagine that if this is their buisness most of the work is automated. And if you just think about 100 coin roll hunters turning in a couple thousand dollars of halfs a week plus all the others im sure its like a needle in a haystack to them.

Don't forget that the first step in the process at the armored car service has to be to verify the count of the bags/coins returned and adjust the banks total coin value accordingly. The fact that the count is usually off is why some banks are hesitant to sell bags of coins directly to customers. In my experience, the count is usually wrong by a little and sometimes a lot. Usually the correct number of coins/objects, but not always the correct type. Either way, it is during this count verification step where I believe the rejects will occur. If the reject is in fact a valid coin it is probably just added back into the mix manually (that would explain the holed coins, etc.)

Once the count is verified, I am guessing that the rolling machine has a looser tolerance and only counts the number of objects and does not spit out rejects as often, if at all.

Again just my hypothesis.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Remember, too, that some banks require customers to put their names and other info on the wrapped coins. It doesn't mean they've been searched (although with halves it's a little discouraging to see those #*&@ing names or initials). Regarding location, I've had skunks and junks in both small towns and large cities. Ironically, though, the very best of my finds have been found in the very poorest of neighborhoods. And regarding spending halves, it may start a few people CRHing, but most'll just hoard them. Start spendin'! Lets get these halves out of the hands of the banks and the armormed car companies.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many replies to this topic, I will add my own opinions.

fiatboy said:
...Regarding location, I've had skunks and junks in both small towns and large cities. Ironically, though, the very best of my finds have been found in the very poorest of neighborhoods.
Most likely those were stolen coins. The poorest of neighborhoods produce the highest amount of criminals.

I am in Orange county CA near Disneyland (no one has heard of Brea) I have only searched 20 boxes so far. Never a skunk but at times very close, other times a Bonanza. But my best results were from customer returned rolls.

If Brinks employees search the coins I would not call that honest or dishonest. If I worked for them I would do my best to get into a position to do that. I think everyone else on this board would do the same. It wouldn't be my first choice as an ideal job, lots of heavy lifting. But lots of benefits to put away for retirement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread