Gold in an RVA penny roll?

RVA Hunting

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a story yesterday from a teller about a CRH'er who recently found gold in a penny roll. It wasn't one of you was it?

I found 3 40%ers, a '64 Rosie and a '54 quarter today. Slow and steady....

Was not me but I can tell you to stay out of the Wells Fargo at sycomore square, three of the tellers are all silver snipers. One of them showed be two silver quarters they found and a Rosie today

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
someone on here did but i t was a while ago. Maybe a year or so? If i remember correctly it was a 21/2 dollar gold eagle. Im sure the thread can be dug up.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Was not me but I can tell you to stay out of the Wells Fargo at sycomore square, three of the tellers are all silver snipers. One of them showed be two silver quarters they found and a Rosie today

Appreciate the heads up. I primarily dump at Wells Fargo so shouldn't impact me too much.

You hear a funny, non-sniping teller story? I went into a bank today and a teller I've only met twice, but who said he'd save me any good stuff he gets, says "hey, there you are. I saved you a silver quarter and a silver dime, that's all the good stuff I got" and he hands me a silver quarter and a silver dime. Wow, thanks dude.

Mark1982 - I know they get found occasionally. I'm referencing a comment from a specific teller yesterday that a guy the day before that had told her that he just found a gold coin in a penny roll and then bought her out of pennies.

Fistfullofdirt - you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to find dimes in penny rolls, not vice versa. Though I too found a penny in a dime roll today. Ironically enough I also found a gold plated penny yesterday....

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I bought a $50 counter bag of pennies and it had two clad quarters mixed in. Weird...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank won't sell the bags off the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions