MY whole roll of silver!!

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
I went to a few banks in my area today (the ones that were open) and did the usual

"do you have any Kennedy halves?"

I ended up finally finding a bank with 69 dollars worth, so I bought them of course.

I got home and the first 2 rolls worth were dead and some had collector marks on them, so I felt a little discouraged.

I opened up one of the last rolls and there, staring me in the face was a 68. I tore the roll open and was amazed to see that it was ALL SILVER. no Franklins or Walkers, but I did end up with

20- 40%
1-90%

I'd say thats a good day.
;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• IMG_2350_8.jpg
    IMG_2350_8.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Over 15% "keeper rate". Very nice.

Wouldn't you like to have those percentages when you get a full box ?

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
nice finds! i am going to have to start this! next time i go to a bank, and they are open, i'm going to ask for halves. theres just too many good finds i read about NOT to go roll hunting. i hope i find some goodies!

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Congratulations! Thats happened to me once, a single roll of silver, what a feeling!!!! ;D Thats at least $20 profit. Next weekend a buddy and I are going bank to bank for three hours, maybe we can borrow some of your luck!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on a great roll find! I would change my question though from "Do you have any Kennedy halves?" to just "Do you have any half dollars?" Hate to think they kept a whole roll of Franklins just because your request was specific!

THEDUKE

Feb 20, 2007
Ocean County New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/DI PRO SL
that was A nice find, I am going to hit my first bank today should be posting later today with my finds.
getiing all hyped up here reading all these post on this board.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sliding a roll of silvers into your hand.... Is that a great feeling or what? Only wished it happened more often.

Congratulations!

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
contractorod said:
Someone out there rolled up all there coins including the silver and grabbed the wrong roll to take back to the bank!!! :'(

Well, I never reroll my keepers, just for that reason. If I ever return a whole roll of silver, I would probably have to rob the bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread