It Finally Happened to Me

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Was at the local branch depositing my paycheck and asked for any customer rolled coin. The teller asked (she REALLY ought to know by now) if I wanted halves. I told her I'd take anything other than small dollar coins. So she had for me $20 in CWR halves, and the other teller had $60 in CWR's. The first teller ALSO had $21 in loose halves in the drawer.

Then it happened......

She started counting out the loose halves, and I actually - I'd swear on my mother's grave if she wasn't alive, well and kicking - saw silver. Not only saw it but HEARD it.

Got home and quickly sorted the loose halves. End result: 2 "68-D's. AND, as a bonus, there was also a 1985-D that was in nicer shape than what I eventually settled on for my album. I've been looking for a nice "85 for $30K + and today it found me out of the blue. With a nice silver bonus as well. :thumbsup:

Methinks that girl is due a loaf of still-warm home-baked cinnamon-raisin bread.

I'll search the CWR's after I see Stallone break out of prison on the silver screen tonight.

Rascal

Edited to add: None of the places I am able to frequent have trays, so the opportunity to look over the counter and see the gleam of silver amidst the 'common' coins isn't there. They all have their trays in drawers, so when she started counting out what she pulled out it was more of a "Did I just see what I thought I saw?" sort of thought.

I also got 2 rolls of CWR dimes, but needless to say they produced nada.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rascal

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Did the rolls and have a nice 2001-S proof to add to the tally. Yeah, she is definitely due for a nice loaf of home-baked bread.

Rascal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread