24 Decent boxes this week with some VERY misleading silverware

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello! Hope you've all had a great week. My week was pretty good. Got back from Florida Tuesday night, it was great to get away from everything (and everyone) for a while haha. So between Wednesday and today, I was able to do 24 boxes. My totals were 40 40%'s and 4 90%'s (1 being a Ben). I also receive an old 100 dollar star note while dumping. And found 6 blue toned halfs that may sell for something higher than face on feebay :D. This morning I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to go to some garage sales. Found this big 55oz bag of silverware. It was all taped up and I couldn't get inside, but I did notice one word- SILVER. So I bough the bag for 4 bucks (or something like that). I rush to my car to open it up and it says "Orleans Silver Stainless Korea". Did my research and found out that they are stainless steel, made by a Korean brand names "Orleans Silver". Fooled me haha. Thought I had hit it big for a second. Anyways, that was my exciting week, good luck to everyone next week.

IMG_7738[1].JPG IMG_7739[1].JPG IMG_7741[1].JPG IMG_7749[1].JPG img002.jpg

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3+ lbs of scrap stainless would likely bring more than $4. I believe you did ok.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Most places dont know the difference between silver plate, stainless or sterling. Even many auctioneers are stumped and have no clue. Imagine the anger after driving 2 1/2 hours one way for an auction that is supposed to have a sterling silverware set and it turns out to be plated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread