Where to start again?

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Was thinking of going back into this on a small scale. When I was laid off I kind of did some hunting. But now back to work so thinking maybe if I picked up some silver I could turn it around and sell it to a coin shop. Buy more coin rolls from bank. Just a never ending cycle til I picked up a good amount. Then bank it.
I completely forget how much each box is besides halves being $500 for a box. Can anyone help on that. I just don't know if this is worth doing with what I plan to do. I'm not totally into the collecting the coins to keep. More to just search them and keep the goodies, turn them around and dump the rest.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes are $250 a box and nickles are $100 a box
You could always search CWR or single MwR if you dont have the funds for boxs while building up your funds

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
M

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Yeah I am gonna guess and think I'm right. Customer wrapped rolls and machine wrapped rolls? Right. Been a while lol. I had a bank that said someone brought in a bunch of dollar coins. Older ones to. I went back and they were gone. Supposedly customer wrapped so coulda just been a dump. I might go try to pick up some nickels or dimes.

Dimes are $250 a box and nickles are $100 a box
You could always search CWR or single MwR if you dont have the funds for boxs while building up your funds

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
If you haven't done this in awhile, you may be in for a rude awakening. Finds are way, waaaaay down. Depending on how many years you've been away, it may not even be worth your while anymore...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If you haven't done this in awhile, you may be in for a rude awakening. Finds are way, waaaaay down. Depending on how many years you've been away, it may not even be worth your while anymore...

Yup, and if you are planning on doing this to find it and sell it to turn a profit, I think you will be disappointed, if you just like finding silver every once in a while to hang on to it for later in life then go for it, to turn a profit though, I wouldn't waste my time. Good luck and HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
M

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011

Even when I was doing it I didn't have a big bankroll. I got a couple boxes of dimes. One silver one I think out of 3 tries. Then I did pennies to search for copper and any other odd stuff. Also did a good amount of nickels. Founds some older ones that I kept. So maybe I'll give it a try again. Not like I have anything to lose. Search them and dump them. I want to get into searching coin star machines. Was at the store and someone was using it, but felt kinda weird to stand around waiting. Figures by time I left and drove by where machine was, they were gone. I coulda hit that to see if any goodies left in the reject tray.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah like the others said, if you've been out for a while it's a rude awakining. By the time I factor in time and expenses it's almost like a non profit organization , lol. I do this because I love it.
HH!
BRChiver

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennies $25
nickels $100
dimes $250