All Treasure Hunting
In the voice of Freddy Mercury - "You Are a champion"

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool!

Wish I could have luck like that; all I have found was a clad proof dime from a vending machine!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have heard that people have found some silver in vending machines, SO today i went for a candy bar and put in a $5 and got change and in that change I received 2 silver quarters from 1964!!!
I then tried to put in more quarters to get others back and nothing else after a few tries...oh well still good over all!

I think if you put a qtr in and then hit the reject button it sends the original qtr that you pit in back out to you- if thats what you were doing to my undetstanding- you should have put more bills in and purchased another candy bar to see if more ag came out
But congrats on the two thats awesome

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think if you put a qtr in and then hit the reject button it sends the original qtr that you pit in back out to you- if thats what you were doing to my undetstanding- you should have put more bills in and purchased another candy bar to see if more ag came out

I've had mixed results with doing that; sometimes you get the one you just put in and sometimes you get a different one. Pepsi machines around here usually give you a new coin and the Coca-Cola machines around here usually give the same one back.

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But congrats on the two thats awesome

The machine in my office gives back different quarters if you hit the reject button.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mixed results with doing that; sometimes you get the one you just put in and sometimes you get a different one. Pepsi machines around here usually give you a new coin and the Coca-Cola machines around here usually give the same one back.

Yea..I think it varys from machine....i used to dump my dug quarters in the Vending machine at work and get shiney new ones back...But then the machine beside it doesnt do that...thts crazy thou..i didnt think the silver quarter would be in there at all.

The best closest i came to that was when a coworker said his dime wasnt working and wanted to know if i had one...and he handing me a 41 merc he got back in change

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah my machine does give you back new ones I checked!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool- id mark a couple coins and sit there all day long then- hahahahaha

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool- id mark a couple coins and sit there all day long then- hahahahaha

I had thought about doing that, but I dont have that much time during a break at work to do so! lol

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score!!
Ive done that with nickels , usually get pre 55 nicks , but I have gotten some wars

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread