Machine Finds Thread (add your own!)

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is for coins you find in, on, under, or around coin handling machines such as CoinStar, Coinmaster, auto-sorting machines in banks, payphones, and vending machines. Please add your story!)

At the supermarket again. Habitually stopped by the Coinstar machine, and stooped to pick up a dime on the floor. That's when I noticed that the reject tray was full of dimes. Visions of silver dimes filled my head! I looked around to see if someone had just walked away from the machine, but there was no sign that anyone had been using it in the last few minutes, so I scooped away.

Well, no silver, just:
20 dimes (1970-2002)
4 nickels (1984-1996)
1 Canadian dime (1982)
----------------------------
US$2.20 + CAN$0.10

The first Canadian non-penny I've seen in the wild in years. Meh, $2.20 for free... I can't complain. I hope no one else is complaining that their dimes disappeared.

EDIT: As your responses so quickly pointed out, that "10" should have been a "20". I blame the error on that bugged Canuck dime planting subliminal messages in my head.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Euro bonanza

Don't usually post here unless I find a bunch of coins or something really unusual.

Today it was the former - 14 Euro coins abandoned on a Coinstar ledge totaling 97 cents - Ireland, France, Italy, Spain & Germany represented. Woo hoo!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstar - Eleven Canadian pennies the other day (2004-08) and one Irish € 5 cents (2007). Still waiting to find non-magnetic 2007-08 Canadian pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread