My best teller score

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I called a teller i deal with sometimes and asked if there were any halves in the branch. He said one teller had $38 worth. Yielded:

- 8 64 kens
- 2 '67 kens
- 1 '52 ben

They also had a box. Pretty skunky so far but gave up a '93 clad proof and a gold-plates bicentennial.

Attachments

• image-153990634.jpg
    image-153990634.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-732211489.jpg
    image-732211489.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of silver from $38 in halves. Congrats!

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the box was a skunk. I actually hesitated buying it since I was at a bank I mainly use for dumping (at other branches) and until recently they were one of the best dump banks in the area because of their great coin counting machines (which were free to non-customers and could swallow tons of halves at once). Given all that, and assuming the same coin courier picked up their dumped coins and packed their boxed coins, I thought there was a better than average chance of searching someone else's dumps, but you never know.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the box was a skunk. I actually hesitated buying it since I was at a bank I mainly use for dumping (at other branches) and until recently they were one of the best dump banks in the area because of their great coin counting machines (which were free to non-customers and could swallow tons of halves at once). Given all that, and assuming the same coin courier picked up their dumped coins and packed their boxed coins, I thought there was a better than average chance of searching someone else's dumps, but you never know.

:dontknow: As you said, you never know. Anyway that was a great find from the $38. That gave you a ratio of 1 in every 11 coins were silver. I would love to have that any day. As a bonus 9 of them were 90% which is 3 ozs of silver alone.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread